A

Anonymous

I'm actually quite pleased with how much extra flow I am getting with just the single Vortech. It is probably plenty for anenomes and softies that predominate this tank. But as I move more towards sps, then a 2nd Vortech may be warranted.

A

Anonymous

I use mine on Lagoon, reefcrest didn't seem to push enough water.

A

Anonymous

I just upped mine to full blast so that it hits the far end of the tank.

A

Anonymous

Playing around again, I changed mine to short pulse mode and now have a pretty cool wave in the tank. It's about a 1/4 to 1/2" wave.

Sea Turtle

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ANEMONEBUFF":2atphnup said:
Playing around again, I changed mine to short pulse mode and now have a pretty cool wave in the tank. It's about a 1/4 to 1/2" wave.

Do you think that mode might decrease the life of the pump? It just seems like it puts a lot of stress on the motor. I like what it does to the movement in the tank but am really afraid to use it for long periods of time.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sea Turtle":1tzn5htc said:
ANEMONEBUFF":1tzn5htc said:

Do you think that mode might decrease the life of the pump? It just seems like it puts a lot of stress on the motor. I like what it does to the movement in the tank but am really afraid to use it for long periods of time.

The pump actually runs cooler this way, it was burning hot on full blast. I doubt it will decrease the life. The Tunze wavebox works on the same premise.

Sea Turtle

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I guess that makes sense. Maybe I will try keeping mine on that mode more often. I really like the reef crest mode. Do you use this mode at all?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I found that it was too weak. I did use lagoon mode for a while, it seems to push more water in a less random way. I will use short pulse/wave mode or full blast from now on.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: