Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hi MR,
I make this quick. My 1st time Around with itch, I got pissed and didn’t care for the tank.

This 2nd time I don’t want to make the same mistake.

So my yellow belly hippo got itch, started the hypo method. I Don’t want to put him in cooper yet, So any latest method on removing itch?

And should I start all over with the rest of the fishes as in take them out and QT them in cooper, smh fml.

Attachments

• 37AD11EE-3F91-4C46-B309-028F4CE88FAC.jpeg
    37AD11EE-3F91-4C46-B309-028F4CE88FAC.jpeg
    407 KB · Views: 128
  • D1593143-B2A9-406D-AA4A-08C28CE95531.jpeg
    D1593143-B2A9-406D-AA4A-08C28CE95531.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 118

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
From what I remember it is 14 days with the transfer being done every 36 hours for the first two transfers and 48 hours after that using Prime to prevent ammonia.

If I had the space I would probably toy around with using Clorox in the inactive tank instead of changing 100% of the water since that would kill all of the life and of course something like Prime to prevent ammonia.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
From what I remember it is 14 days with the transfer being done every 36 hours for the first two transfers and 48 hours after that using Prime to prevent ammonia.

If I had the space I would probably toy around with using Clorox in the inactive tank instead of changing 100% of the water since that would kill all of the life and of course something like Prime to prevent ammonia.
thanks man ill look into that, i just dont know about the Clorox though. i dont mind the water change is only 5g

STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
To totally eliminate the ich. U have to get all your fish out of the display tank and treat them. (I use copper) and keep the display tank free of fish for a minimum of 70 days. This ensures that the ich will have run through its life cycle and with no new hosts can’t reproduce. After the 70 days u can put your fish back in. If u treat the hippo and then just put it back in he will be reinfected with ich and whenever the fish becomes stressed u will have another outbreak. Personally I had an ich crash my first system and used this method to clean it up. Subsequently I treated all my fish w copper and prazi in a qt tank prior to introduction in my display. I know some guys just do the dump and pray method or say that by eliminating all the disease it makes your fish defenseless to infection should any accidentally get introduced into your system. I have not had any disease in my system for over 3 years with this method. It’s time consuming and annoying but extremely effective

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
To totally eliminate the ich. U have to get all your fish out of the display tank and treat them. (I use copper) and keep the display tank free of fish for a minimum of 70 days. This ensures that the ich will have run through its life cycle and with no new hosts can’t reproduce. After the 70 days u can put your fish back in. If u treat the hippo and then just put it back in he will be reinfected with ich and whenever the fish becomes stressed u will have another outbreak. Personally I had an ich crash my first system and used this method to clean it up. Subsequently I treated all my fish w copper and prazi in a qt tank prior to introduction in my display. I know some guys just do the dump and pray method or say that by eliminating all the disease it makes your fish defenseless to infection should any accidentally get introduced into your system. I have not had any disease in my system for over 3 years with this method. It’s time consuming and annoying but extremely effective
thank you, I’m catching the fishes as of right now while they still asleep, this set will go into cooper, while the hippo stays in hypo for now.

How does the prazi & cooper work together? Can you combined the two

STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
If you’re asking me about the last time I had ich it was over three years ago and I paid the tank fallow for 70 days and treated all my fish. And I have treated every single fish since before it goes into display. I use the copper for a minimum of 14 days then prazi for a week. U can do them both together but I have lost too many fish doing that. The medications are stressful for the fish so putting them both in together sometimes kills them. Keep a close eye on ur copper dosage and concentration. Use the lowest concentration that has a curative effect. I use copper safe as I have found it to be the safest to use

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
If you’re asking me about the last time I had ich it was over three years ago and I paid the tank fallow for 70 days and treated all my fish. And I have treated every single fish since before it goes into display. I use the copper for a minimum of 14 days then prazi for a week. U can do them both together but I have lost too many fish doing that. The medications are stressful for the fish so putting them both in together sometimes kills them. Keep a close eye on ur copper dosage and concentration. Use the lowest concentration that has a curative effect. I use copper safe as I have found it to be the safest to use
I Appreciate all the info, I’m using copper power until I get to 1.75 reading in the Hanna checker.

Don’t know how this happen, all the fishes where in cooper for 2.5 week then, transfer to a small plain tank , then prozi between 2 small tanks for a week

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: