FMF0331

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
199   0   0
I find it quite funny - reefers are the cheapest people around. They want the coolest frags for the cheapest price. I get it .. this hobby isn't cheap.
Reefers will haggle and negotiate on the prices posted on the FOR SALE section.

But when a frag swap comes around , they'll pay $80.00 for a Kenya tree or $50.00 for a one polyp zoanthids.

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
Plenty on here.. and when I called two of them out I had one threatening me and telling me to call him.. it’s like relax! We are on a damn fish forum! Let’s ag least have something to fight about!
although I do try get get slightly better deals! Haha

Spartanwarrior

Reefer Always Learning
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Plenty on here.. and when I called two of them out I had one threatening me and telling me to call him.. it’s like relax! We are on a damn fish forum! Let’s ag least have something to fight about!
although I do try get get slightly better deals! Haha
Im pretty sure i know who you are talking about lol. I was threatened to fight someone because I wouldnt consider their trade for clearly misnamed torches. Getting feisty out there!

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Well damn glad I’m not the only one to see this lol I have nice chunky frags that people beg me to ship them in other parts of the country yet when I put frags up for sale in the tri state which I consider to be pretty low prices for the size frags I get crickets ??

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Or how about—

Them: hey will you take $500?
Me: well the asking price is $600, and I stated “firm” in the post, but I could do $520
Them: (No response)

If you’re able to drop $500 on a hobby item, you can afford an extra $20

Koyfam16

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Agreed. I bought a used Red Sea reefer with a chipped sump for 500. Put it up for sale for same 500 OBO. People offered 300. One person offered 350 to which I said it’s too much of a loss for me. He said 400 so I said OK, never heard back.

At this point I rather donate it or curb it than deal with selling it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emtbmike

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
You get both extremes. But what bothers me the most is when a seller attempts to sell a coral as abc. But when know one buys the coral they make up a new name for the coral.

kevin315

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I got offered 700 for my master torch which was the price people "saw 2 years ago", further arguing that torch price dropped so much since indo opened back up and calling my price bull ****.

My bad for paying 1200 from tck for one I suppose.

Lee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Lol, I offered to rent out my par meter cheaper than BRS and someone asked if I would take frags instead of cash for rental. I agreed, but still required a deposit. Then he asked if I would bring the meter from Manhattan to Westchester. I said I would if he put a frag pack together to make it worth it. He had frags posted for sale. He told me to pick frags. So I did. Then he told me that he wouldn't give me those and after a bunch of back and forth tried to give me 3 okay frags and asked if he could give me a deposit using an app i've never heard of instead of cash. Seemed offended when I said nevermind and couldn't understand why I wouldn't want to drive to Westchester to get 3 small frags of coral that I didn't pick so that he could have my very expensive par meter for a week and hopefully return it unbroken.

nvladik

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
My other favorite one: Can you deliver it? I will give you $20. Me: it will cost $25 to ship it to you and saves me 2 hours driving back and forth. No sorry $25 is too much. :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: