syboat

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Long time lurker, first-time poster.

I'm getting into the saltwater hobby, (freshwater for 10 years) I have led lights, 2 wavemakers, a protein skimmer, sump, ro filter.

I'm looking (will pay $$$) for guidance and help with the actual tank setup (water cycle, rock/aquascape, fish and coral selection) and hand holding until I can take it over, I'm located in Brooklyn NY 11206.

My main objective is to avoid any rookie mistakes and going cheap and getting wrong items and then paying twice (fish, coral, type of live rock, sand, and anything else.) The goal is to create a show-quality tank, if setting up such a tank has been your dream but didn't get to do it on your own this is the perfect opportunity.

Juano908

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Hi all,

Long time lurker, first-time poster.

I'm getting into the saltwater hobby, (freshwater for 10 years) I have led lights, 2 wavemakers, a protein skimmer, sump, ro filter.

I'm looking (will pay $$$) for guidance and help with the actual tank setup (water cycle, rock/aquascape, fish and coral selection) and hand holding until I can take it over, I'm located in Brooklyn NY 11206.

My main objective is to avoid any rookie mistakes and going cheap and getting wrong items and then paying twice (fish, coral, type of live rock, sand, and anything else.) The goal is to create a show-quality tank, if setting up such a tank has been your dream but didn't get to do it on your own this is the perfect opportunity.

I highly recommend these two gentlemen, @BYU and @Thatguy96 to help you out.
They are very knowledgeable and currently have beautiful tanks.
Since Rachid (Thatguy96) is closer to you he is your guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

syboat

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all for the replies and dm's, I had 2 different members help me out to get it up and running, at one point I'll want the plumbing redone and a new sump, but I'm good to go for now.

Attachments

• 20220105_110827.jpg
    20220105_110827.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 0

Timbo

Got Reef?
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Very nice. I picked up my 3/4 cylinder from them and have nothing but good things to say about the tank. Built well and like that it’s glass not acrylic.

syboat

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can give you advice on how to plumb, it's one of my favorite things. I have a 300 gallon myself. Nice to see you got it up and running though. Was the setup still running when you bought it?
Yes it was fully operational, had to disassemble the tank, all the livestock stayed behind in 2x 75 gallon tanks, took 150 gallon of water existing water and few lbs of sand, had to redo the plumbing since it had to be cut.

after a week of cycling with 100 lbs new pks of live sand I brought the liverock, corals and fish and added to tank.

The plumbing is not perfect, and I will want to change the sump and return pump, I'm first giving it 3-6 months to learn sw reefing basics before I do that.

I had a few members help me with the whole process which definitely made it easier and learned me alot.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: