FLOEDOG

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have a fluval flex 32.5 gallon with 2 mp10s. Everything else is stock. All of my levels are good, yet my Duncans and hammer are not opening. The duncan very little and the hammer is constricted still. I added them yesterday. When I got home from work the duncan was closed up tight so I moved him. Are the 2 mp10s to much flow? I have them on low and lagoon...

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
a 32g with 2 mp10s? I would say you have a bit too much flow, make sure none of those are aimed directly at the duncans. They like random, high pulse, distant flow sources. Nothing continuous and nothing heavy 100% of the time. Otherwise they will start to grow sideways and really never come out. Eventually the corallite will have a small head and no growth.

If you need to test, you can cut a head off and place it somewhere else in the tank. Duncans are very thick and difficult to cut, but spreading coral around like this this the best way to determine if it is a light/flow issue.

jjfriscia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I have a 30 gallon IM tank i use one mp10 at 3-4 clicks of power. I believe its reef crest mode blue light. Its been sufficient for the tank Running for 3 years and change . Probably too much flow and if you already tested you should post your numbers of everything just in case maybe your missing something. The hammers definitely like lower flow though.

Jaydontlag_

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 92.9%
13   1   0
I have a 30 gallon IM tank i use one mp10 at 3-4 clicks of power. I believe its reef crest mode blue light. Its been sufficient for the tank Running for 3 years and change . Probably too much flow and if you already tested you should post your numbers of everything just in case maybe your missing something. The hammers definitely like lower flow though.
I just started with the same tank. Wondering what kind of livestock I can put. What fish do you have in your tank?

jjfriscia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I just started with the same tank. Wondering what kind of livestock I can put. What fish do you have in your tank?
This can be a touchy subject. I ran basically only nano fish up until the other day I put a juv bristle tooth in. He fits in great plenty of room to swim with the length of the tank no agression. If I see he outgrows the tank or is uncomfortable I'll rehome him fourtenly have alot of friends with big tanks that being said. I have a possum wrasse, helfrici fire fish, bangel cardinal, a pygmy angel and the blue eyed bristle tooth tang.

frankny

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
32.5 gallon really needs 2 mp10s? i got 1 mp10 in my 75 gallon FO tank, going to add some softy, hope that mp10 is still good for all

Dumbledore

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 MP10s are fine in a 32.5. Low lagoon anti-sync on the slave is perfect.
You said everything was good, but what are your parameters and where did you place them?

FLOEDOG

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I think it's ok

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220304-200253_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220304-200253_Gallery.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 0

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: