elepaqxo

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I wanted to see what people are doing to keep their tanks from overheating besides a chiller and ac in the home. I was reading about people putting fans with the sump under the tank to blow out the warm air from the cabinet or fans aimed at the top of the display tank (clip on fans)

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
Although I have A/C and plumbed into my basement on really hot days I use a small cheap window fan over my sump..It works great, but however if you don’t have an ATO watch your water level and S.G. because you will evaporate a lot more water…..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Hi. I wanted to see what people are doing to keep their tanks from overheating besides a chiller and ac in the home. I was reading about people putting fans with the sump under the tank to blow out the warm air from the cabinet or fans aimed at the top of the display tank (clip on fans)
1687802292791.png

Tank is in the basement, so not a hot room, but this small fan blowing over the top of the tank does the job on the hot days. Never gets hotter than 78-79. Water evaporates faster when on.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Maybe something like this:

But also, be sure to keep some ice in a ziploc back in your freezer. In a pinch you can just float the bag in the tank to lower the water temporarily.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: