tank

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they lost their lease. So the large reef tank with the coraline and the million tiny snails are gone.

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
All,

I was only there once and that was because Toe Knee from this board (and formerly from the downtown store - my main man) was there - can't say I am sad it closed cause now Toe is back downtown. Quite honestly, I only shopped at the downtown store once since he left and am glad he's back -

Jim

christobree

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
The manager on 29th st. told me that they were just moving to a different location. I dont remember where he told me but I'll find out. Did you guys really like that store? I used to work there and the saltwater fell apart after Jim was gone. The last time I went there they had a lionfish in the reef tank dead with a false percula sticking half way out of the mouth. They also had a trigger that was tearing everything up. There was several different managers since then so it might have gotten better since the last time I was there.

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
That store will be missed, i used to go there all the time just to check how things were going when i lived in the city.

I agree with you Mike, Tom used to get the cool stuff and his tanks were always nicely maintained.

I'm sure Petco up the block is jumping for joy!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a neon dotty and a perc there a long time ago. they were so happy to be getting out of the tank that they swam into the net.

both fish are still living (in a friend's tank). The store wasn't the best but compared to the rest of the petcos and petlands in the city, it was one of the better stores.

used to see snakes sliding around the floor all the time when I would pop in.

Toe'Knee

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't been here in a while. I was the A.M at the uniosn sq store for about 2 months and they lost the lease. before I got there the saltwater was terrible. The area had alot of customers for saltwater but they didnt like the way the tanks were set-up but after a week things got much better alot of nice customers. Jim was the best Saltwater guy there (he hired me at the Nassau St store) after that it was down hill. Butnow Im back at Nassau St Petland and trying to get the Saltwater tank there back in shape so check us out and if I can help you get or find anything ask for Toe'Knee ;) ....Hey Jim thanx for the good words, I gotta make sure I post ya new tank pics on the wall, see ya around.

P.S.
This site is looking better every time I check it out, keep up the good work guys.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: