ReefNut

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Thats funny,I find Mutts and Butts to be pretty much the best reef store around.
I always do well in there.Very reasonable prices too.Sometimes you'll catch great deals on corals that need TLC.I bought a bright green and red favia today for $10.Cut off the dead portions and now have 3 nice pieces.
They also have two stocked frag tanks.
Blows away tropical Showcase...

meagheavz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they hada nice coral tank i will give u that a bit pricey, but they had no clean up crew. andthey had fish but in almost all the tanks there were sick and dead..im going to wait awhile.. i also think they tropical show case might help me out in a year, my unit talked about a deployment and i think they'd take my fish and such till i got back..wwell i hope they do or im SOL

purebullet417

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
i dont really like mutts and butts either. coral frags maby but not fish. i get all my stuff from suffolk county fish and reef because of there service and quality of livestock. the new store aquatic design network is nice to so i may give them a try

jgiordano

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I first started my 1st SW tank, I purchased everything from Tropical showcase. and yes, Gene and wife are very hepful. I've never gotten a sick fish from th4em and I never saw a dead fish laying around his tanks, They are a little pricey therefore I rotate from them to Pets Warehouse in Copiague.:letitallo

+1 for never seeing dead fish in a tank!

Mr.First

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Live rock from where Tropical Show ??, It's not bad ,but you have to put up with Gene's misrible attitude. I always feel funny giving them my $. It's like they are doing me a faver selling me. Pets warehouse has a few nice tanks of LR, at petty good prices.

meagheavz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive known them for a while. he loves me. im buying a whole new set up i think it gonna be like 5.99lbs . i just wanna know if the rock is gonna aipstia crazy on me

Mr.First

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I've known him a long time as well, I am sure that he loves my $ too. If that is you in the avatar then I know why he loves you. Question him about fish or equipment and listen to the attitude. After a while I dont ask him anything. Tell me Im wrong.

meagheavz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im in the Marine Corps. really he is apussy cat, and he helpful. he never tryd to sell me anything expensive. i went somewhere and the guy tryd to get me to buy somethingi i couldnt use like ever.

N

nycoralguy

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try Tropical Island, and octopus garden, both experts on reef, exotic corals + fish in LI, I've been doing this for a long, LONG time, they're pretty damn good., Tell them that Tommy sent you, you'll get a discount, I'm a regular at both stores, seriously, great guys to deal w/

dnreef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Tropical Island is in Deer Park. 2112 Deer Park Ave. I think that's exit 52 on the LIE. The place was recommended to me by another reefer. I've been there once and bought some LPS. Very clean set up. They have a very nice selection of LPS and chalices and a good variety of acans. They prices were also very good, IMO.

reefprobe

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gene is a cool guy you just can't be too sensitive and don't look too deep into things.
As far as prices go do you expect a fish store to match online prices...........these guys have bills to pay and they work about 70-80 hours a week.

They guy over in Deer Park is a very nice guy also....I never heard of these other guys?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: