meagheavz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tropical Showcase

372 W Old Country Rd
Hicksville, NY 11801-4113
Phone: (516) 433-0988

It's a great place. it doesnt look like much..but its been open since the 70's and family own'd , the family is great helpful..ive gotten almost all my stuff there and i think i plan to get everything else..
really check them out

jgiordano

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very Healthy Fish; very rarely do you see any dead fish per visit. I got all my fish there except for a recent addition from suffolk co reef and fish.

Most people's complaint is that they aren't really helpful/friendly.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Tropical Showcase

372 W Old Country Rd
Hicksville, NY 11801-4113
Phone: (516) 433-0988

It's a great place. it doesnt look like much..but its been open since the 70's and family own'd , the family is great helpful..ive gotten almost all my stuff there and i think i plan to get everything else..
really check them out

Can you take a picture of the front of the store and we will get them added to our LFS directory?

Thanks!

meagheavz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure ill work on it.....i went to petco for stuff and then i found out about aquarium adventure..the guy talked me into doing sw and its been way better then my fresh..but they hav way over priced stuff..there rock is nice......but gene was just really helpful with everything and he deals with my silly questions..and helpd me out when a broke my 300 doller filter/skimmer....my mother was like i was there in the 70's so i figured i stop in..and it was really nice

Last edited:

Mr.First

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Gene and Rose are actually very nice once you get to know them and get through thier shell.

Dont forget it's damm hot in that store, and they are always the only ones working there.

wimby

C&S Miracle Makers
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
Yeah but you need to be people friendly if you want them to come back I shouldn't have to break through a shell I am a customer I want to spend my money if you want more of my money be nice be friendly make me want to come back I have been in there many times I live close and everytime it's like she has an attitude so I have stopped going there thats all the guy seems really cool it's just her

meagheavz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol idk i havent had a problem i mean she was a normal sales person when i was in there but now since im in there all the time she very nice...they need more snails i need a cuc.. and i dont hacv much

ReefNut

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I have been there several times over the years.I just don't like the owner.I actually got into an arguement with him because I praised MR and RC for the wealth of infomation and the ability to swap with other reefers.
Just never got past the outer shell.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
wow u guys are tough.try getting a smile from one of these chain stores.but youll shop there cause its cheap.mom and pop stores yeah are a little more expensive but ill tell you what they will bend over backwards to get your business,okay they are not nice people but im sure if you need something thet will be at your beck and call.i went to petco couple weeks ago and asked if they had flatworm exit.the lady had no idea what i was talking about and that was the end of the convo.i went to pets warehouse and asked he also didnt know what i was talking about but he asked if i knew who made it,searched in his computer for it.he tried his hardest to get it for me.i eventually got it from reef exotics but just that type of service is what makes me go back there time and time again

Bahamian1999

Bewitched
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I first started my 1st SW tank, I purchased everything from Tropical showcase. and yes, Gene and wife are very hepful. I've never gotten a sick fish from th4em and I never saw a dead fish laying around his tanks, They are a little pricey therefore I rotate from them to Pets Warehouse in Copiague.:letitallo

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: