Rebels23

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hey Guys,

Just got back from my vacation in Florida, and I have to say Discovery Cove in Orlando is pretty awesome!!!! It is affiliated with Sea World and is right next to it. They have a man made beach, with man made lagoons where you can swim with sting rays and fish. Every type of fish I have seen in the pet stores, I saw in these lagoons, and was swimming with them (snorkeling with a life vest if that counts
) For a little extra money, you can swim with dolphins also! It was pretty awesome when a sting ray as big as me, swam right under me!!

If anyone is heading down to Orlando anytime soon, I highly recommend checking it out. Great family thing, especially for the kids since it is a controlled environment.

http://www.discoverycove.com/index.asp

Rebels23

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
You are so lucky, i was down in Orlando this past summer but didn't get a chance to goto Discovery Cove, went to Sea World instead (boring). Really wish i knew about DC earlier. Please provide us some pics if you can!

Btw, how's the Rose?

Rebels23

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Yea, Discovery Cove is AWESOME!!! Especially when you swim right into a school of Moorish Idols
Sea World is still nice, but seen it many times already (their shark display is pretty cool tho). Once I get soem of my pics, I'll post some!

My Rose BTA is a tiny little cute bugger. But he seems to have disappeared now. Probably soemwhere behind a rock....

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Moorish Idols! Very, very jealous! That is one of my all time favorite fish, can't believe i didn't go there when i had the chance. Please tell me you took some pics of the idols?

RBTA- cool, i've heard they usually do that when you first get them, good luck with it, i can't wait to get one also!

[ February 23, 2004, 09:15 AM: Message edited by: heuerfan ]

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: