L

lucky reefer

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi trana
the site is ok, But ithink you should look into fixing the rating system for the stores both www. and nyc. Ithink people who rate should have to state the reason why rate. This leaves to many people making ficticious names and giving a lot of bad reviews. This to me is not fair to the business that try to right for the manhattan reefers.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Lucky, even if they change the rating system people will still be able to spread their opinions across the boards here and at other reef related websites.....that's the beauty of these sites. No LFS can make everyone happy, as a consumer I realize this....but if there is an overwhelming negative feedback for a store or a website, it proves to be a useful tool to the hobbyist. I agree that no extreme bashing should be involved, perhaps leaving your name should be required so users can't hide behind their anonymous posts.
What it comes down to is that there is truth in numbers. If your are a poor quality LFS you WILL be exposed here, the same as if you are a high quality store.

HTH,
Rich

[ February 25, 2004, 08:49 PM: Message edited by: jackson6745 ]

Trana

Administrator
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, we know about the negative ratings and overvoting. A system has been put in place to eliminate the possibility of people voting too much. You may not notice a difference immediately, but we are now watching how the ratings play out. Obviously, the 100 votes that two stores each received last week were fake and have since been removed.

As far as the ability to delete pictures, it is high on my list. I am however at the whim of the developer and he has promised it will be in the next release. This should happen SOON.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great job on the new marketplace. As someone just building up a reef tank, I am VERY excited about a local, cheap way to keep adding to my tank.

I find the site to be slow. I'm not sure if it's due to all of the graphics, but I'm on a cable modem and it always seems slower than other sites I frequent.

[JWS]wasabi

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh...heres somethin for ya.

if you swapped the banner ad on the top frame into this frame..(as a header on the forum itself) you would be able to tout a lot more views per visit for your advertisers, and maybe be able to squeeze some more $$ out of em since it would dramaticly increase the number of ads we would see.

as it is now, I bring up the page and I am stuck with just one advertisment on the top (logical reef at the moment for me) but it never changes until I reload the entire page.

not that i need more banner ads in my life... but if it could generate cash it would be a good thing

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: