chuck

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
He has Great Rock! I have about 1/2 in my 120 and you can't tell the difference once it colored up from the Live Kalini I spent over $300 for. LOL
Mocros Rock been selling AT the LIRA NERAC held at the atlantis Marine world in riverhead each year. Last yr he brought over 3 tons of the rock that you can pick over..
Like I said the stuff is Great and LIGHT !!!!

chuck

boozeman

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
marco rock is great...heres what I did with mine

Attachments

• mini-rock work 008.JPG
    mini-rock work 008.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 445
  • mini-rock work 009.JPG
    mini-rock work 009.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 445

roncgizmo

Thats Mr. Clown to you!
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I see... I thought all you would need to do is wash them real good or let them sit in bleach water for a day wash them off and air dry for about 48 hours to dissipate the
bleach..I didn't think you would need to fully cure them as they were live.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I see... I thought all you would need to do is wash them real good or let them sit in bleach water for a day wash them off and air dry for about 48 hours to dissipate the
bleach..I didn't think you would need to fully cure them as they were live.

the dry rock can still be full of Po4 and dead organic mater, to get it out the curing process allows bacteria to grow and actually push out all that dead matter. after a few weeks of sitting in dark water ie. cooking, you will have piles of junk at the bottom of the container. that's what was sitting in the rock waiting to decay in your tank. cooking the dry rock is an important step in setting up a new tank.

Craig

120 Club Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I used Marco rocks in my new tank. Mark has a great selection of sizes and shapes as well as good customer service. A few rocks arrived broken and he immediately mailed replacements. Dollar to weight no one really comes close to marco rocks.

It took about 3+ weeks to properly cure the rocks. The website says they are safe to put into a tank immediately but i'd reccomend a few weeks of curing. Some really nasty stuff will come out during the curing process.

Last edited:

jf2381

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Curing by itself takes a few weeks but I noticed a much shorter time curing it with live rock.
I cured my 40lbs with a 30lbs of live rock that I was holding in a rubber bin.
The smell was gone in about two days and the ammonia is down to .50 4 days later.
The first day I noticed the bristle worms and pods stunned but by the next day they were fine.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: