inkblue

Rice Planter
Rating - 98.6%
145   2   0
I ordered from http://www.marcorocks.com/ and spoke to Marc. He was extremely helpful, not to mention, passionate about his product.

He suggested some sizes for my 40 breeder and I placed a 10lb order.

I got it today and I have to say, 10lbs of dry rock is a lot! Marc was right, it's practically double the amount of 10lbs of live rock.

I will be making an article of this, along with progressive pictures, on MRM.

Stay tuned...

:eek:rangehat

S

steveo32

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Now do thier rocks have more filtration ? I am just curious as to why you are using 10lbs. Or are you mixing the two ?

S

steveo32

Rating - 98.6%
145   2   0
Oh ok, htat makes more sense. I was wondering why so little. Well i hope your trial goes well. they do seem pretty nice. Interesting shapes and sizes.

meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I purchased 50 lbs of "fiji" and 25 lbs of "tonga shelf" and it was great. I have pics of it and a review within my tank thread at Page 9

Some of the shelf rock was damaged during shipping, I sent Marc a pic and he sent me this at his cost.

I have been very happy with the rock and the service. It did take a couple of weeks for it to cure. It also has a tendency to leech "yellow" into the water for the first few weeks as well. All things being equal, I would order from him again in a heartbeat.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: