tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0

autoponicz

powered by MR
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
i have a panworld 50px with the fan mod...(pics in my tank thread).still too loud....its better than stock....but i can definetly hear the hum/bass coming from it....the pump is inside the stand behind the sump....and its also resonating off the walls...:mad:

i am redoing my sump and already got a eheim 1262 waiting.

coralite

Jake Adams
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been a big fan of the Blueline pumps for a long time and I believe the Pan World's are just a rebrand, with the same sexy yellow housing to boot. Never had a problem with either straight bluelines or panworlds. However, I'll admit most of my applications are not quiet, residential (living room) spaces so I never paid too much attention to the sound. MOst of the humming can probably be reduced by firmly securing the pump to the stand or other structure with a mousepad in between. Yeah I said it, mouse pads make great vibrations absorbers.

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
Yeah I'm a BIG fan of the eheim 1262 but I'm looking to use two penducters in this particular application and will thus need some pressure rated flow. FWIW this WILL be in a residential environment (livingroom) so Db is a concern.

reefman

Chairman of the board
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
do all these pumps have a db rating like computer fans? that way we have a good idea the noise level since quiet n loud is a relative term.
a friend of mine just ordered a pan world pump thinking it would be quiet.

Last edited:

Solace Aquatics LLC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Big Yay for me.

Never did the mod before, but in customer's tanks, I have added sound dampening material to the inside of the stand to keep down Protein Skimmer, Pump, etc..

I have always been a fan of the price tag and power consumption of these pumps.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: