A

apparent

Anyone know of a way to get rid of Aiptasia without tearing down the tank...its a 7g nano...I know i know so small but I got the rocks just the way I want them ;] I hear peppermint shrimps will do the trick "sometimes" but is there a limit on how big the Aiptasia is? I got a couple that have about a 1/2" head (whatever its called) and about 1 1/2" tentacles...anyone got some suggestions....must I tear down my tank??say it ain't so...also there are 2 clowns in the tank no other corals though just a cleanup crew consisting of some snails and hermits TIA

[ April 23, 2004, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: apparent ]

wedfr

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
joes juice, peppermint shrimp, Kalk injection, Vinegar injections, boiling water injection.

copperband is out in such a small tank

A

apparent

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Is there a limit as to the size of Aiptasia a peppermint shrimp will kill? Injection? sounds like a need a syringe? where can I get one of those cvs? Please don't say a drug addict ;]

[ April 23, 2004, 12:09 PM: Message edited by: apparent ]

A

apparent

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Injections...is that with a plastic syringe like the ones that come with salifert test kits? I got a couple of those syringes lying around

A

apparent

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Just saw the demos of it on the website looks interesting hrm looks like they melt away??i just see a puddle of white stuff left over, also hows the boiling water injection any good?

A

apparent

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Just ordered some of joes juice hopefully won't take long to get here company is in connecticut

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
peps eat polyps.

kalk paste is dangerous

joe's juice is supposed to be great. never tried it.

Stop Aiptasia is what I use. Reef safe, comes with a syringe and works wonders. I'm starting to notice the little buggers popping up in a few spots so a shooting up is on its way.

DallasNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Pepperment Shrimp were the answer for me. I haven't seen any aipstasia in my tank for over 9 months now. I actually had tried 3 other batches of pepperment shrimps over the years with no luck. I guess it comes down to getting the right ones with the right appetite.

Stop Aipstasia and kalkwasser work really well, but I was never able to completely eleminate them.

I've never used joe's juice, but people speak highly of it.

I have a couple dozen syringes, If you can come into manhattan I can let you have a few. Or drop some in the mail for a few bucks for postage.

A

apparent

Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Well I'm going to give joes juice a try then after that add a peppermint shrimp in there to hopefully keep it away

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: