C

Case

Im starting a 36g some time next week all my drygoodds are here and ready to go...

Just dont know where to get water, it seemsl iek most use RO water but i dont own a RO unit and thoes that dont live in Manahttan like i do buy it buy the gal at local super markets...

so where can i get my water? or is Tap water in the city safe some how idoubt it...

so my question is more where should i get my water?

4angel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started a 40 gal. with distilled water from my local market. I wouldnt put strait tap in my tank.There are some LFS that would sell you a gal. of RO for about the same price as a gal of distilled you would just have to decide witch H2O you want. I would suggest when you can make the investment for the RO that you do. With a 30 gal you can also get away with a tap water purifire from one of the catalogs.

DallasNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I would go with your own RO/DI Water. Would never use water straight from the tap. My first stage sediment filter gets clogged with mud from tap water almost everytime I use it. I should post a picture, but I'm sure everyone else in Manhattan knows what I'm talking about.

Check out this site if you are in the market for a unit. They have some of the best prices for units as well as replacement filters.

http://www.airwaterice.com/

Anyhow, Welcome to Manhattan Reefs! Is this your first reef tank?

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Case,

I have a 30 gpd unit that I can sell you for cheap - I got it in a full tank setup purchase - the membranes are dirty and will need replacement eventually, but I checked the water from it last weekend and its reading was 2 on a tds meter.

Let me know as I will let it go for a song and a dance. It is a RO/DI 5 stage unit.

Let me know

House

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Great Bear Purified water works great, but its a buck a gallon.... :(

I would invest in a RO/DI unit, and House seems to have a good one!

There are people here in Queens using tap water only with no problems, but not sure about the TDS reading for manhattan. I know here in Fresh Meadows, my TDS reading is 46, which is very good.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: