KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Raffle..Raffle..Raffle..Raffle..Raffle..Raffle..Raffle!!

Welcome to the Manhattan Reef Spring Swap 2008 Raffle Thread

This thread will be updated..right here on the first page..as we add more great prizes. Hoping to add a minimum of one prize per day between now & the big event..maybe even 2 or 3 or 4 more some days!!

Most of our on site Vendors have been generous enough to donate a nice prize for the Raffle as well as our Auction (don't forget about the GREAT Auction too!!) and MANY will also have a table for selling their products at the Swap!

Beneath the list of prizes you will find the Raffle Q & A's, please take a moment to read them...especially you noobies...as there have been some slight changes since the last swap.

Without further ado..drum roll please...the Prizes!!..in no particular order!!

HoF - Hydor 100w Heater/Pump Combo..a Nano heater with a built in circulating pump...a $60 retail value - for our nano lovers!
HoF & Icecap - are you sitting down? The NEW T5 48" Plug & Play Icecap Retro Kit.. To that add this...With the NEW 75/25 UVL T5 bulbs! Bulbs donated by HoF ...Yup, a complete easy to install system, even a girl could do it (ha!),..without breaking a nail...the total system retails for over $550 w/bulbs - YIKES!
NaCl-H20 - 4 yes, count 'em 4 T5 actinic bulbs that fit YOUR fixture size! (ATI or Geissman brand)
Sunlight Supply - 2 yes 2! 24" T5 Retro kits systems..a $220.00 retail value!** have now added new ATI bulbs w/the fixture!
Aquatic Express - 2 test kits, one Red Sea Marine Test Kit and one Red Sea Reef Test Kit..always handy!
Aqua Pro Builder - Best way to see this to look at the link! $75 retail value! http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum...-s-pleasing-light-swap-raffle.html#post430372
PFO - is donating a PAR Meter - wow!
CaliReef- from the left coast has donated a 15+ head Orange Sun Coral ..yup we have a few select pieces of coral in the Raffle!!
HoF -a 1" Round Tyree Sunset Monti - woo-hoo!
SWA (Squirrelwood Aquatics) - a colony of Florida Ricordias..see Post # 16 below for picture of the colony!!
Reef Exotics- 2 - count 'em 2!! - JBJ 4 ft Power Compact Fixtures - WITH Bulbs!!! Are we going to be lit up or what???
James Fatheree - an AUTOGRAPHED copy of Giant Clams in the Sea and Aquarium. A very cool addition!
ESV- A set of two 5gallon buckets of B-Ionic, Four sets of 64oz B-Ionic (oops update,,make that EIGHT Sets!!), two 4lb containers of Carbon, and a set of Potassium Iodide/Strontium/Magnesium supplements ...wow!!
Prattreef - Our very own Randy is donating two 400W XM 10K SE Metal Halide Bulbs..thanks Randy! AND a Blue Cali Tort Wishbone Coral!!!!
Reef Nutrition - Four 6oz samples containing Phyto-Feast Concentrate/Tigger Pods/Arctic Pods/Roti Feast.. Yummy!!
Spectrapure - One Maxcap Cartridge & one Silicabuster Cartridge
Aquatic Creations - donating a great book! The Reef Aquarium VOL 3 Science, Art and Technology By Julian Sprung & Charles Delbeek...also donating a Salifert Strontium test kit. Thanks Sean!
Wonderful World of Fish - Two, yup 2 -of the Two Little Fishies Phosban Reactors!! Great Prizes!!
Geo's Reef - thru NaCl-H20 - is donating...ready? ...ya sure?...a GEO Universal Media Reactor #412 (a 200 value) ..AND... a GEO Calcium Reactor #618 (a $380 value). Thxs for making this happen Leo & Steve!
Two Little Fishes - has donated glue, putty, Magnesium and boxes of Coral Dips.. we're going to combine these items (as well as some others) and make up two "Reef God/Goddess Goody Bags"!!
Anthony Calfo -has donated some copies of his Magazine!! They will be included in the Ref God/Goddess Goody Bags :)
HM Digital - has donated a Dual In-line Digital TDS Meter to the Raffle
Custom King - is donating a Frag Rack (great timing!!), and a Filter Sock Holder
Hydor - includes 3 Hydor Rotating Flo Deflectors, a bunch of Koralia Pumps and a ETH Thermal Inline Heater!! Thanks Frank!!!
Dr's Foster & Smith -has donated a $25 Gift Certificate!!

ok folks...we're finally down to the end of this GREAT list of Raffle prizes...except for one last item...

ya ready?

Eco Tech - has donated a Vortech Pump with the Wireless Driver!!!! Wow!

:groupflip
What away to finish off a prize list!!

I would like to THANK all of the great Vendors on site here who have stepped up with FANTASTIC donations for the Raffle this year, and to the manufacturers who have also been so very generous. Thanks goes also to the folks working behind the scenes here who have done such a great job in securing so many of these AWESOME prizes!!

FAQ's
Where do I purchase the Raffle tickets?
The MR Registration Table (where you come to when you get to the Swap) will be where you can buy the Raffle Tickets. They will be available for sale until a few minutes prior to the start of the drawing.

How much will it cost ?
The tickets will be available in $1 …$5...and $10 denominations. The price of the Raffle Ticket will be determined by the value of the prize.

How do I choose the prize I want?
Go look at the tables loaded with Raffle prizes ..directly in front of that table will be another table loaded with white ‘Buckets’. The top of each bucket will have the name of the prize and a ‘slot’ to drop your lucky raffle ticket into.
Pick the prize or prizes that you want to win and drop at least one raffle ticket into that bucket.(be sure you put in the correct $ amount ticket! )The Prizes will require either a $1, $5 or $10 ticket for entry.
Be SURE to KEEP the portion of the ticket that says “KEEP THIS TICKET”.
You can drop in as many tickets as you want into the individual buckets to increase your chances of winning that item!

Do I have to be at the Frag Swap to win?
No…and this is NEW for this Swap!! You do not need to be at the Swap at the time of the drawing, though it would certainly be more fun that way!! This year you will be asked to CLEARLY write your SCREEN NAME and a phone # that you can be reached at in the event you are the winner of a prize. YOU will be responsible to come & claim your prize if you win. The location of where the unclaimed prizes will be held has not yet been determined..so please make an effort to be at the Swap during the Raffle drawing!
** Regarding the 10 live corals that are included in the Raffle..we require that the winner MUST be present to take the coral home with them as we will NOT have a place to hold these. The Buckets for the live coral will be clearly marked with this information!!
If the ticket holder is not still in attendance, we will chose another ticket. Hint, hint..if you have to leave before the drawing..give'em to your best buddy who will still be there during the Raffle...hmmmm...good idea!!

What Time is the Raffle being held?
The Raffle will begin at 4:00 PM and should last about 30 minutes.

How do I get my winning prize?
If you hold the winning ticket for an item, you will present the ticket to a Raffle Volunteer at the front of the room. You will then be given the cover of the bucket..with the name of the prize you have won. Take the cover to the Raffle Volunteer at the Prize table, hand in your cover and you’ll be given your Prize! This year we ask that you give the Volunteer your screen name when you come to pick up the cover of the bucket..we’d like to keep track of who won the great prizes!

Will I be able to hear the winning number so I know if I win?
That’s the plan! But just in case … we will have a BIG screen set up behind th e Raffle Announcer and each winning ticket number will be posted on that really big screen next to the winning prize as each is announced. If you hold a winning ticket - step right up to the front of the room and present your ticket. No need to wait until the end of the drawing.

Anything else I need to know?
This is where the small print comes in…
Probably not, but if we need to make up more rules as the event unfolds and questions come up, we reserve the right to make those decisions on the spot.
IF you happen to drop a BLUE ticket into a bucket that requires a RED ticket (you get the idea)...please contact a member of the Raffle Staff Immediately and we will retrieve your ticket for you IF you can show us the other half of the ticket. Once the Raffle begins we will NOT retrieve any misplaced tickets!
Any tickets that are of the incorrect color for the prize being drawn will NOT be honored and a ticket of the correct color will be chosen as the winning ticket.

Last edited:

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
So we get tickets at the swap or do they go on sale before hand?

At the swap..I'm going to post the Q & A's now and hopefully we'll be able to answer most of the question in there :)

..thanks NaCl-H2O ;)

The list of prizes is growing again... :flower:

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
FAQ's for the Raffle have now been posted!!

Please post here in the thread if you have a question regarding the Raffle that we didn't address. :)

Last edited:

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Another Prize has been added:party:

Please note - there has been an update to the Rules regarding the live coral in the Raffle.

We must require that the winner be Present during the raffle to accept the coral as we have no place to hold these for pick up.
If the winner is not present - we will draw another ticket.

nikkibabee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Is there any way that we can allocate a time to do the raffle which is not at the end of the swap? I know that a lot of people, including myself were sitting around a long time last time waiting for it to start when we could have left a long time before it started. People are carrying their corals all day anyway. Would it disrupt events to do it mid-swap?

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Is there any way that we can allocate a time to do the raffle which is not at the end of the swap? I know that a lot of people, including myself were sitting around a long time last time waiting for it to start when we could have left a long time before it started. People are carrying their corals all day anyway. Would it disrupt events to do it mid-swap?

With so much going on at the swap it is difficult to schedule all of the different events so they don't conflict...Auction, speakers, lunch and the Raffle..
No matter what order we change them to, someone would like to see them differently.
We are hoping that with the rule changes this year that it will be easier and will allow more folks to participate in the raffle.
Last year we required that to win a prize in the Raffle - you had to be there when the names were drawn.
THIS YEAR -you will be prermitted to write your screen name & phone # on the back of the ticket and still win ! Of course, we would prefer that the members are in attendance (plus it is WAY more funb that way!) as we are still clueless as to where we would hold any prizes not picked up at the swap.
The winners who aren't in attendance will have to make their own arrangements to pick those prizes up...
EXCEPTION - the LIVE CORALS MUST be taken during the swap, we have NO place to hold those.

Does that help?

..and Nikki..(who sweetly volunteered to do the 50/50 Drawing Collection )...we're probably going to pick the winner of that..at the end of the Raffle :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: