Alexxn

Fun in the Sun !
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
After over a year in this hobby and having two very successful tanks, it's time for me to move on. My tank was completely broken down tonight and is gone. A big thank you to Nikki (nikkibabee), Emily (etompkins), Marc (QUESTIONMARC), and Lauren (laurenbabe) who bought most of my livestock.

A HUGE THANK YOU to Jim (House of Laughter) who just left after spending hours breaking my tank down and hauling it all away. He was responsible for helping me setup in the beginning (as well as many others) and also for providing me with much of the hardware that I used, as well as alot of invaluable advice and guidance. The evenings spent at his house in Ossining just chit-chatting and having a few beers will never be forgotten.

I'd also like to take this time to give a big thanks to everyone else on this site who I've met, done business with, and also befriended, Craig, Liz, Manny and too many other names to list. Manhattanreefs is an excellent site to gain knowledge and also to build friendships. I will TRULY miss you all.

On Monday I am on the road, headed down to South Florida which will be my new permanent residence. For now another tank isn't in my future, but down the road who knows. (I did keep my Refractometer and RO/DI unit) :tongue1:

So if anyone ever finds themselves headed to the West Palm Beach / Boca Raton area, drop me a line and maybe we can have a beer on the beach ! :beer:

I'll try and pop on from time to time but if anyone would like to stay in contact my email address is: [email protected]

Take Care !

Alex

EmilyT

Don't diss softies!
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
soo sad to see you go alex :( your tank was definately a success and inspiration to us all :) and im glad to carry a piece of it with me. no pests or diseases is a huge accomplishment, and the memories and accomplisments are far more valued than the present situation. Have fun in the sun :eek:rangehat: the ocean's your tank now ;)

probe dms

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
you'll be back. you'll start diving in florida. next thing you know you'll be using the slurp gun you found on the beach. watch!

Alexxn

Fun in the Sun !
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Post a pic of the tank before you go!

Take care! Don't be a stranger.

This is the most current pic I have (around November)

IMG_1439.jpg

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
don't forget we'll ship anything you need back :)

On behalf of Russ and I, we are proud to display this scape design and conversion on our portfolio section of website - great team you had working on that and it seriously shows in the success of that reef. You are armed with all the information and a team of thousands to help you land once you get flying again on your next tank.

Good luck with the new job and I am sure I'll be chatting with you online.

Jim

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Alex, it's always been a pleasure hanging with you over beers, Chinese food, pizza, bar-b-q's and tank setups.

I know you'll be gone, but not forgotten.

My sister lives in Boca and my parents in Delray Beach. I WILL be looking you up when I'm down there visiting.

Good luck on your new job, new adventure and change of lifestyle. I'm very sure you'll enjoy the more relaxed atmosphere.

Again, best of luck to a great MR member, friend and reefer.

Russ

nikkibabee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Alexx,

Thank you so much for everything....you have been nothing but super nice and helpful with me. I will take care of all your coral and if you ever need anything let me know!!

Thanks again and good luck with the new job and huge raise!!! :hug:

Nikki

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
take care alex, tho we've never met.

i wonder if your beer invitation is extended to all on the site; if so, i might take up the offer.

best of luck and enjoy the weather!

Liz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
:birthday: NO P-a-r-t-Y :biggrinpabefore you go? I see how it is, I still love ya dude! You have a beautiful tank and well there are better fish in FL. Don't forget us and FYI Craig & I will be by to visit!
KIT
Liz:hug:

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Best wishes on the move & I hope you find everything that you're looking for in Fla..most especially happiness! :)

..and don't be a stranger..we'll leave the light on for 'ya!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: