ssmtcarlo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I think you mean UVL. UVB is a type of ultraviolet ray. UVL is a manufacturer of bulbs. Id recomend ATI, or giesman. As i said before the reflectors on the Nova are no good, i know that the TEK fixture is a little more but you will be happy you went with it in the end. Here check out this company this is where i got mine. you can also use the cupon SAVE10 and get 10% off. best deal around. trust me you will be Happy.
http://www.specialty-lights.com/960020.html

autoponicz

powered by MR
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
a 40 breeder is pretty shallow...
be careful of the lps and softies with all that light...
i have the 36" outer orbit with 2x150w and 4t5's on my 50br and if i had to do it again i would build a canopy and throw retrofits in there....2 MH pendants and 4 t5's with slr reflectors...

but iether way you go will work well....but get better brand equipment...you'll be happier in the end...

littlebuck70

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I have a 40 breeder with the nova extreme 6x39 and its does its justice for me. I would get new bulbs later on if u are going to keep sps.

I myself like the UVL blubs i have them on my main tank but using there PC bulbs and those things are amazing.

ssmtcarlo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
The quality and finish of the aluminum. The Tek use a higher quality more reflective aluminum. Also the way the reflector is bent plays a role in the effectiveness of the reflector. That is why the TEK costs more.

You can get the TEK fixture from the link i posted for $418 SHIPPED INCLUDING BULBS!!!GOOD BULBS!!!!!

The Nova will cost about $389 shipped and come with crappy bulbs.

The difference is $29 for a much higher quality product. Trust me you will be much happier with the TEK.

newtoit

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well I have the nova and I Love it the reflectors seem quite fine to me and my buddy and I really trust his judgement and I paid 319 for mine way less

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
I can't decide what to buy for my 40 gallon breeder. I'd like to rest it on top of my tank on a glass top instead of on legs or hanging it. Hopefully some of you can help me. I have 2 options that I'd prefer.

1. 250 watt MH & 2x96 watt PCs fixture = $250

or

2. 6x39 watt T-5 fixture = $290

The MH option has double the wattage and is cheaper. Found it on ebay and it's made in China so the quality isn't as good as a Current-USA 36" fixture.
The lack of superior quality is what bothers me.

I keep SPS, LPS, anemones, clams, etc... in my tank and want more light.
I even have a Superman frag I bought from a guy on this site and the color isn't what it should be if it is a real Super man frag. I want to bring out it's true colors.

Which fixture should I buy, or should I get something else.

Thanks a lot :)

What light(s) are you using to keep these alive right now?

dabgood21

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Right now I have the orbit 2x96 watt PC fixture. Although I'd like to buy the Tek fixture, I found the Nova Extreme pro 6x39 watt fixture brand new for as little as $285 and that includes the S&H. Paying over $400 for the Tek is just sooooo much more.

Also, does anybody know much about this 6x39 T-5 fixture? http://www.cadlights.com/product_in...id=65&osCsid=d2b1b312de9f27d266607f7ee3698a20
A member on this site might sell it to me but I know nothing about it.

Thanks

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
if it has the bulbs thats listed no good, btw just spend the extra now so you wont be spending later, and truelly id just buy a used ice cap 660 and a 430 or nother 660 and run them over driven, will cost a little more in the end unless you can find some used piece's on here, but much more versitile later on, i run 4 36" t5's over driven with a 660 and run vho's for antic's, also have a 430 to add later

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: