zoanthid covered red ball sponge thread

BL007

Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Leslie, The orange & blue sponge attached to the rock by it self. Both has growth out and middle top left of the blue is where they touched together. I try sliced off the top surface of the blue, just to test what will happen to the newly grow .
Ben

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Lesile, Is there a skeleton to the polyps?
If you mean of the zoas - no there doesn't seem to be.

Kathy, I think you have the nano size. Mine is pretty big so I think that is why the lines are more distinct. I hope they both live and some day we can share and each have both colors :)
You are right, I did order the nano sized one, it's between the size of a golf ball and a pool ball.
Bloo..not sure from your response if you already tried to frag your sponge, but please do let us know what happens with it.

Pinkheine

No More Room :-(
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Any updates on these sponges? Tips? Just was given one of these lovelys this weekend. :hug:Thanks Awilda.

So far it has ended up floating about the tank. I have to figure out a better way in the rockwork to keep it happy and anchored in a crevice. It had great polyp extension on the zoas this evening when it was feeding time. :) But I neglected to take any pics (my pics stink anyways lol)

BL007

Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Any updates on these sponges? Tips? Just was given one of these lovelys this weekend. :hug:Thanks Awilda.

So far it has ended up floating about the tank. I have to figure out a better way in the rockwork to keep it happy and anchored in a crevice. It had great polyp extension on the zoas this evening when it was feeding time. :) But I neglected to take any pics (my pics stink anyways lol)
Update..
Its seem a slower grow compare to my blue sponge. But it live well !!!!!
Pinkheine,
I had my in the rock work low light but a lot of flow.
I feed all my coral daily with reef chili and twice a week of mix Roti feast; Arcti pods and [FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Cyclop-Eeze and sometime with live reef pods. Please feel free to pm me if you have any question.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Ben[/FONT][/SIZE]

Attachments

Last edited:

LeslieS

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Red ball sponge still alive. I haven't been feeding it anything special, but I should. It definitely seems to like high flow and low light. If it gets too much light, it attracts cyano.

Featured Sponsors