NYPDFrogman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I normally never buy lives stock on ebay.
I was bored Tuesday so I was cruising ebay just for the hell of it
and came across an auction for some orange cats eye snails
I never saw them before so I figured what the hell they had 3 lots of 5 available so I bought 2 lots 10 all together and it was 12.00 shipped

last night i come home from the yankee game and there is an email that the snails were shipped but he only had 5 but he threw in some astreas and turbos.
I am pissed not because of the money, just because he pulled this nonsense!

NYPDFrogman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
yeah I know 36.00 aint gonna kill me
I gave him a very reasonable out
lets see what he does..

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]Dear *********cs,

it's not the money it's how you handled this.
As far as I'm concerned I paid $7.20 per snail
which is unacceptable
If you refunded the $12.00 for the second lot
they cost me $4.80 still more than the 3.60 that I decided was worth me paying for.
You had plenty of time to contact me regarding this matter.
Providing these arrive alive I am expecting an $18.00 refund.

look at it this way, go to restaurant order a 16 oz prime rib
waiter returns to your table with 8 oz chuck steak and a hamburger
would you accept it and pay the premium price for the prime rib??

no I don't think so
I would not either
[/FONT]

Last edited:

mray

?
Rating - 99%
96   1   0
Yeah, some guy pulled a fast one on me too. I paid for UPS overnight delivery on an item and he sent it with USPS priority. I got my money back though.

caad3

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
worse part is I sound so petty over nonsense money :grumpy: :duh:

Not at all... You got the old bait and switch. They should have refunded you for the ones they didn't send and gave you the others free for the inconvience.

Give them the old negative feedback and report them if you can't resolve, so others don't suffer the same fate. Its sucks being the guinea pig sometimes. :)

Domboski

No Coral Here
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
It is a shame the way customer service has changed everywhere. Your situation is almost becoming acceptable. I've seen it happen so many itmes in so many industries. Absolutely ridiculous. Remember when people appreciated getting your money? Now they act like they are doing you a favor!

Hope it works out for you. I would start an investigation with PayPal (if you haven't already). The first thing you do is try and resolve the situation yourselves but PayPal will record the dialogue in case it can not be resolved. If it is not resloved PayPal will make the final ruling and quickly refund your money.

Good luck!

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
This is not a business ploy, but those snails are somewhat available on a regular basis locally for about $5 with no shipping fees. Also, they are an atlantic species and while they do an amazing job with algae they are short lived in our tanks. I've only been able to get a few months out of them. They are cool, but ultimately not worth it for the short period of time they survive.

Domboski

No Coral Here
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
This is not a business ploy, but those snails are somewhat available on a regular basis locally for about $5 with no shipping fees. Also, they are an atlantic species and while they do an amazing job with algae they are short lived in our tanks. I've only been able to get a few months out of them. They are cool, but ultimately not worth it for the short period of time they survive.

I was trying to find info about this online. I saw a bunch of them in a store last weekend but most looked dead. I figured they were not long lived. Do you have a scientific name for them by chance?

Thanks,

Dom

livinbettanow

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
ebay i stay away from them, brought what appeared to be a authentic football jersey got it wasnt more then a practice jersey.i cant deal with the bait and switch.

D1J8Z

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Most people dont want the bad feedback its bad for business:duh:

sometimes the very fine print will say if the any of the snails die I will replace them with other snails or something of equal value

and that goes for anything ALWAYS READ THE FINE PRINT

NYPDFrogman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
what a night mare over 10 snails and 36.00 !jeez
first I get this guys wife complaining that it's my fault I didn't provide a phone number, and they shouldn't have to eat the shipping charges.
in my response I tell her it's there fault for shipping an incomplete order.
email works just fine.
I receive the package, leaking bag, smelly water, deal snails!
I open up a paypal dispute. within minutes a refund is given but it's on hold.
I send him an email asking why it's been held and he goes off with harassing emails.
I reported him to ebay yesterday and today he sends me a email dictating me what i should leave as feedback and if I don't I'll have more to deal with
is this guy for real??
reported him again
what a loser

Chapz

Chap Attack Begin!!!!!
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Big time loser.
I prefer to go to only some LFS & some Vendors to get some livestock instead or websites due to that reason. U should always expect to get what u ordered. Not the other way around. Its happened before where a package which should contain livestock is DOA or even different.
Hope that person gets what he deserves.

NYPDFrogman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I slammed him with neg feedback, he responded that he gave me a refund and I lied about them being DOA claims I never sent him an email I was scaming him?

lying sack of ****

he sent me 20 emails I had to report him for harassing and threatening me if I left him negative feedback had to report him to ebay.
if you want to read for yourself my ebayer user ID is PDFROGMAN

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: