Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
So far my local caught fish from wednesday seem to be doing fine. The pipes are all eating as are the blowfish. I put the largest butterfly which was about as large as a dime in my reef where there is much more food. Some of the fish mouthed him to chase him away as they are spawning, especially the larger gobies. The engineer also mouthed him a few times then let him go. I guess he was saying hello. Iknew he was small but he eats a lot from picking our spaghetti worms which are all over the place. The other 4 butterflies are too small and would be eaten.
They are in a 10 or 15 gallon tank with a canister filter and a powerhead. The water looked cloudy so I changed it with some NSW I have extra. It still looked cloudy so I diatome filtered it. It got worse until I found the problem. I had salt on my reading glasses

Domboski

No Coral Here
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
So far my local caught fish from wednesday seem to be doing fine. The pipes are all eating as are the blowfish. I put the largest butterfly which was about as large as a dime in my reef where there is much more food. Some of the fish mouthed him to chase him away as they are spawning, especially the larger gobies. The engineer also mouthed him a few times then let him go. I guess he was saying hello. Iknew he was small but he eats a lot from picking our spaghetti worms which are all over the place. The other 4 butterflies are too small and would be eaten.
They are in a 10 or 15 gallon tank with a canister filter and a powerhead. The water looked cloudy so I changed it with some NSW I have extra. It still looked cloudy so I diatome filtered it. It got worse until I found the problem. I had salt on my reading glasses

LMAO Paul! Way too funny. I think Spaghetti worms are a perfect food for them.

Chapz

Chap Attack Begin!!!!!
Rating - 100%
51   0   0

Thanks to everyone for comments in this thread. I had a setup ready for the past month for local caught fish but i guess im gonna just keep thinking about it for now. Just too much to worry about. Dont want to take anything thats not acceptable. Also, with those huge jelly fish in the water, im surprised people havent gotten stung yet.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
It has been a bad summer due to the jellyfish, they came in very early unfortunately. A friend recently described the sheer volume of them using the word gazillions...and he isn't prone to exaggeration!

Could someone please go and collect them all? lol

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Here is one of the larger butterflies. I put two of them in my reef where they seem to be doing well. That gobi is part of a breeding pair and chases away all fish including the tiny butterflies who (stupidly) fight back
Localtank013.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: