boozeman

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Thanks again for the compliments everyone.
I played around with the rock over the weekend and finalized a layout that I am happy with ....

apples006.jpg

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Your first aquascape is my preference. You won't be able to clean the glass where the rock touches it. Algae will become a major PITA. I know your rock was touching the glass in the first design as well, but the tunnel/cave was real nice.

JMO,
swimmer

boozeman

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Thanks for the advice, In this pic you can see that the rock work is open enough from the glass that I am hoping be able to clean with just a long handled scraper.

apples003.jpg

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Knowing that your tank is viewable from the right side, I think you're going to be very disappointed with the amount of algae that you won't be able to remove. If it were my tank, I would completely remove all rock from the right side so that you can get a mag float or Hammerhead (preferred) down there to clean. 2" of clearance from rock to glass is about right.

swimmer

DontXtripNfall

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
IMO the scaping looks better the new way. if your going to have an anemone its smart to have 2 different rock works so that if it moves its less likely to leave that rock. i agree that you shouldnt lean it against that corner because you can see in from that side...

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
Thanks again for the compliments everyone.
I played around with the rock over the weekend and finalized a layout that I am happy with ....

apples006.jpg
Nice job boozeman, the tank and aquascaping looks great, i was not feeling the first aquascaping but i figured you just was getting things together and would reaquascape, Job well done.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Booze I agree with Russ also, seeing that mess on your viewing side will bum you out.

I would not have rock touching any side that's viewable.
what if you moved all the rock towards the middle, would they stay like that?

boozeman

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Been a while since an update, I battled the usual algae bloom that comes with a newly set up tank. The CUC I got at first proved to be innadequate and I got a second group of larger snails. I also set up a media reactor with rowaphos.
here are a few shots when it was looking soupy...

algae010.jpg

algae011.jpg

algae012.jpg

algae013.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: