aaron

Australian
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I am looking for a control strip/timer combo for my new setup and was wondering what everyone else is using?
I am looking for the simplest and neatest solution. I thought i saw a powerboard with a digital timer where you could program each outlet seperately but now i cant remember where i saw it. Has anyone found or used something like this? I am trying to get rid of the old powerboard with four timers connected to it and jumbles of cables and connectors stuffed in the cabinet.
Any suggestions or regrets whith what you are using?

Actually just when i posted this thread the Reef o Mania add came up and it seems to have a powerboard that matches what i'm looking for, but hwen i go to the site i cant seem to find it

bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
A guy is selling them on RC. it's 2 digital timers that control 2 outlets in one box. the materials for the project are about $100 and you're smart enough to do it.

1 4-gang plastic box
1-4 gang decora cover
2 Intermatic in wall timers
2 decora outlets
wirenuts
12/3 cable
1 edison plug

B

aaron

Australian
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I actually found the power board on reef o Mania, it connects to a control module and costs $300!!! and thats without the main controller.
I would have thought that this would be a fairly standard thing, but obviously not

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
hey Aaron, welcome home!

reefer420,

that is the coolest product I've seen in a while, I'm going to get one too, when I have the $. It does everything I've been looking for, a web based hookup w/out needing to connect it to a pc, that's hot!

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
yeah, i thought so too- if I hadn't spent so much cash recently setting up my nano I would already have one. Not a bad price either, considering all it does- most controllers similar to it cost much more. Not big either- I think it was around 9" or so wide (looks bigger on their website). I would love to be able to chart my temp fluctuations all day and see how gradual the temp shifts- I know it goes from 84 max on a really hot day (w/ ice probe) to 76 at night (when my heater kicks in).

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
btw- take it from me and do NOT get the coralife aquatimer (don't think you were looking for something like this- but thought I'd put a warning out anyway). what a waste of $. There are 4 sockets that can be controlled two at a time (making two lighting settings)- but there is no way to have them come on/off at different times! It's either one set is on- one set is off, or vice versa. You can't have the actinics come on an hour or so before PC's, then go off an hour after the PC's go off, etc. Either on or off- what a waste!

aaron

Australian
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Reefer420 said:
btw- take it from me and do NOT get the coralife aquatimer (don't think you were looking for something like this- but thought I'd put a warning out anyway). what a waste of $. There are 4 sockets that can be controlled two at a time (making two lighting settings)- but there is no way to have them come on/off at different times! It's either one set is on- one set is off, or vice versa. You can't have the actinics come on an hour or so before PC's, then go off an hour after the PC's go off, etc. Either on or off- what a waste!

That's exactly what i thought and why i have been so frustrated in my search for a flexible timer for the tank. Basicly everyone has their actinics run a hour before and after the main lights so why the hell cant someone make a timer that will do this?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: