FastUno

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Anyway I can get my hands on a CBB that will eat without any problems. The last one I had did not seem aggressive enough & all the other fish would devour the food before the CBB got to it.

Anyone out there able to keep one of these eating? Where can I get one that does the same. I really miss this type of fish & want one badly.

Also, do they really eat the Aiptasia?

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
do you use Garlic extreme in the food ,,i have 2 sunburst anthias ,3 cleaner wrasse ,,and they are picky as well ,but they eat eveythingi use the garlic with ,it may just work ,you never know

FastUno

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
The one I had did not eat anything to start with & as it became emaciated it took interest. It would swim quickly to & fro trying to capture food, but I have never seen it eat anything. Not a single time.

Almost as if it were nearsighted & could not see the food. All the other fish would have acquired their share, leaving nothing left for the poor CBB. I started to throw in more food, but still not much success.

I don't use garlic in my food, but always say that I will some day.

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
I have one, got it from Fish Town few months back for less than $20. This is the second I had that eats prepare food after trying about 5 total in the last 6 years. To get them to eat initially is VERY difficult, they like small feather dusters and small crustacean to pick on and will survive on it for a while. Mine finished all the feather dusters then moved onto the aptasias in the tank, he finished those and have since learn how to get some mysis, cyclpozee and other meaty food during feeding time.

Make sure you have enough natural food in the tank and you don't mind it eating them clean before you buy one. Fish Town have them pretty often from Bali.

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
If you have a yellow tang, there's is a high risk that it's gonna attack your copper band butterfly. Especially if the yellow tang is in the tank for a while. It happen to me. I just got one CBB from fish town. The light is off, the second I put my CBB in there, my yellow tang start attacking it. I was watching it for the past hour, it was okay. Went out, for several hours, and came home, the CBB is missing in action. Hope it's just hiding and not dead. So if you do have a yellow tang, becareful. My yellow tang was a good citizen, never bother any of my fish, but he decides to attack my CBB :(

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: