jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
put them in the deco rocks and you won't even know they are there ;)

When they cease from calcification and you have to remove that goofy a$$ rock you will :D

Dave, the plastic "C" style pump holder suck. Yes, Tunze fixed the issue with the C bracket cracking, but over the course of a few months the plastic stretches outward. On the nano versions of these pumps the actual pump will change direction because the C bracket doesn't hold it tight enough. The same design would make me nervous with over 5000gph coming from the powerhead. Hopefully they made the bracket of a MUCH more rigid plastic.

regal

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Get them. Keep the Wavy Seas. Mount them tot he Wavy Seas and then your set! May not be so disbursed but spinning 180 to 360 degrees will take care of that issue. I love my 6055 on my Wavy Sea.

I made a Tunze-swirl 6201 last week. I got both the 3/4" seaswirl and 6201 used. Let's see how long it will last. I just loved the flow in my tank now. I might add two 6105s on the opposite side of the tank controlled with the aquasurf, then it will be all set. The only problem is that it means I have to spend more money to get more SPS.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
dave did you put these on the ends of the seaswirls the loc-line flared nozzles ? this would help create a wider pattern coming out, what i had done on my 62g with the 2 seaswirls

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
When they cease from calcification and you have to remove that goofy a$$ rock you will :D

Dave, the plastic "C" style pump holder suck. Yes, Tunze fixed the issue with the C bracket cracking, but over the course of a few months the plastic stretches outward. On the nano versions of these pumps the actual pump will change direction because the C bracket doesn't hold it tight enough. The same design would make me nervous with over 5000gph coming from the powerhead. Hopefully they made the bracket of a MUCH more rigid plastic.
Rich the shaft and the plastic on those pieces are made total different for the new pumps because of past issue's

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
dave did you put these on the ends of the seaswirls the loc-line flared nozzles ? this would help create a wider pattern coming out, what i had done on my 62g with the 2 seaswirls
They kicked up a serious sand storm as to my wavy seas are front to back, thats why I'm going with pumps to put in each corner, even the dart as quiet as it is sounds like a car in my family room. i want it out.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: