Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
When these come out i will be selling all the equipment i use on my closed loop. I will be selling 2 wavy sea's and a Reef flo dart that were all new and have been running since may. I want to simplify my system to do as less work as possible,but my main reason for selling is I NEED MORE FLOW. right now i have:
2x vortech pumps at 3000 GPH x 2 equals 6000 GPH
1x Tunze 6201 5283 GPH
1x Reef Flo Dart 3600 GPH
And a return pump which after headroom it is giving me
Hammerhead 4000 GPH, with a total of 18,883gph and i still need more flow. so this is my new plan. Sell Vortech pumps(already sold but still using) reef flo dart and two wavy sea's.
New Plan

Buy 4 of these New Tunze Pump's 6205"s

PRE-ORDER - Tunze Turbelle? Stream 2 Controllable Pump 6205 (New Generation with Titanium Alloy Shaft) Item Code: TZ1345 Price: $585.83
Qty: Availability: Email for Availability This item ships for FREE! Be 1st to review Email To Friend No Payments For 90 Days
with Bill Me Later? Details
Overview Details Images Reviews Description Turbelle? stream 6205
For aquariums from 800 to 3,000 litres (211 to 792 USgal.).
Flow rate: 5,000 to 22,000 l/h (1,320 to 5,811 USgal./h).
Energy consumption: max. 55 W.
Voltage / frequency: 100 – 240 V / 50 – 60 Hz.
Cable length: 5 m (196.8 in.).
Dimensions: diam. 90 mm (3.5 in.), Outlet: diam. 63 mm (1.96 in.).
Magnet Holder up to a glass thickness of 25 mm (.98 in.).
Low power consumption.

These 4 pumps plus the Hammerhead should bring me to 27,244GPH

:biggrin:

So What ya think

Last edited:

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
personally dave i dont think these will be great for your tank, not 4 of them did you see the size of them ? Outlet: diam. 63 mm (1.96 in.). not much diff than a 6025 or 6045 seems to me would be alot more of a hard current in a less then needed width, do love that you can aim them, unlike the vortec reason i havent got the mp20 and really looking into 2 6055's for my tank

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
personally dave i dont think these will be great for your tank, not 4 of them did you see the size of them ? Outlet: diam. 63 mm (1.96 in.). not much diff than a 6025 or 6045 seems to me would be alot more of a hard current in a less then needed width, do love that you can aim them, unlike the vortech reason i havent got the mp20 and really looking into 2 6055's for my tank
True Rick, But with there controller i think i might get them programed to work for me. I need to get some more flow in there. vortech's are just not cutting it for me. my tank is too wide so it's struggling to get flow to other side of tank being it's more of a wide flow then a directional flow

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
did they fix the breaking clip issues? I've been burned by every tunze product I've bought. I know people like them, I'm just skeptical of their products at this point.
IF they don't break they look like they will do a good job. You might need a few more once your tank is grown in with large colonies, they really mess up the flow, lol.

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
did they fix the breaking clip issues? I've been burned by every tunze product I've bought. I know people like them, I'm just skeptical of their products at this point.
IF they don't break they look like they will do a good job. You might need a few more once your tank is grown in with large colonies, they really mess up the flow, lol.
I don't know if they did. i've been running a 6201 for a few months now and it's been doing great. i really like the vortech pumps but i would need 6 to 8 of them.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Heck Whats 3 Or 4 More Vortec's Now Would Be Cheaper To Get Them Then To Sell Ur's And Buy 4 Or 6 Of The Tunze's And Its The Brackets On The Nano Style People Always Have Problems With Dave

grundig5

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
FYI they fixed the clip issue with the nano's. The most recent ones I got from Tunze have not broken in over 6 months!! Also, I cant imagine how ****in loud your tank would be with 6-8 vortechs cranking. I can barely stand listening to one of them.

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
Get them. Keep the Wavy Seas. Mount them tot he Wavy Seas and then your set! May not be so disbursed but spinning 180 to 360 degrees will take care of that issue. I love my 6055 on my Wavy Sea.
The are some issues with mounting these pumps on wavy sea's i think. One is it might be too powerful and might damage the wavy sea's rotation over time. second even though my tank is 36" deep front to back. i will not be able to turn them up close to full throttle because they will cause a probable sand storm when they rotate passed each other even if i set them where the flow won't meet i still think it will stir up my sand bed. i need to have these at separate ends of the 72" sides of the tank

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Dave, when it comes down to it there's no perfect solution for flow.
I'd keep the vortechs and add a couple of the new tunzes to see how they do.
I'm happy with the three vortechs I have, but my tanks only 60" long and 24" wide.

Have you seen the need for more flow? Are some corals not doing as well as you think they should due to lack of flow around them.

NYPDFrogman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
on my 450 I have 2 1"sea swirls on my return using a super dart 4300GPH
(you can order the super dart impellar from reeflo) I have a 6' head with only i bend to seaswirls

I originally plumbed the closed loop but didnt like instaed I am running 2 tunze 6200 for the time being.
I want to add 2 more
I have a bare bottom and right now I can see things moving around
and it's not so bad
just my.02

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
Dave, when it comes down to it there's no perfect solution for flow.
I'd keep the vortechs and add a couple of the new tunzes to see how they do.
I'm happy with the three vortechs I have, but my tanks only 60" long and 24" wide.

Have you seen the need for more flow? Are some corals not doing as well as you think they should due to lack of flow around them.
Yes, i see some dead spots near the bottom of the tank. also i have some red algae that will not go away on one end of the tank because there's to little movement on that side of the tank. the rest is fine

Last edited:

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
on my 450 I have 2 1"sea swirls on my return using a super dart 4300GPH
(you can order the super dart impellar from reeflo) I have a 6' head with only i bend to seaswirls

I originally plumbed the closed loop but didnt like instaed I am running 2 tunze 6200 for the time being.
I want to add 2 more
I have a bare bottom and right now I can see things moving around
and it's not so bad
just my.02
Thanks Frank

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: