nycmat

nYo
Rating - 98.2%
55   1   0
hi everyone.
i am having some problems with my system.
1st red algae in sump only
2nd too many bubbles in my tank
3rd skimmer needs some kind of adjusting

I need someone to come over and give it a look see and show me what i am doing wrong or if they can fix it would be a great bit of help.

i would really appreciate it.

thanks
matt

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 98.2%
55   1   0
matt ,, 1st is get some chemi clean for your red slim ,,,,check your phos ,,and maybe change your blub in you sump if you have one there ,,,,as far as the skimmer ,cant help on that ,,srry ,,

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Matt
Contact HSA about the skimmer as they should be able to help you out with your problem, they should also have a web site that probably has answers to your problem.

The bubbles could be coming from the skimmer or like Josh said your return pump is sucking air. Check the return pump to make sure that nothing is stuck in it and make sure that the hose is connected properly.

As for the cyano since your tank is fish only I wouldn't worry to much about it but Chemi-clean will get rid of it.

Also if you could post a couple of pictures of the problem with the skimmer or your return pump maybe some one could give you more help.

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
The reason for the cyano in the sump is probably due to low flow AND your poor skimmer performance. Once you adjust the skimmer properly, you should see a reduction in the red slime. Also, I wouldn't worry much about it, if it's only in the sump. Use Chemi-Clean as a last resort.

nycmat

nYo
Rating - 98.2%
55   1   0
i talked to them and they said that i have to adjust everything. i had the guys from fishtoem here and they dont know. they sold it to me. regarding poor performance. how can you havea $700 skimmer and get poor performance?? go figure. they are trying to tell me that i dont have enough of things in there and that is why i am not puttling a lot of stuff out. that sounds retarded to me with 240lbs live rock 180 lbs' of live sand and fish and shrimp that **** regualrly and un dissolved food and additives. the most it pulls out is on the neck. look in my albums and you will see a picture of the skimmer i dont know how to post it here in the thread

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
I'm not knocking your skimmer or its cost. When I say "poor performance", I mean if your skimmer is not operating at peak efficiency and needs adjusting, then it is performing poorly. Now that we know it cost $700, that drops it performance rating even more.

LOL @ the Fishtown USA "service" team.

nycmat

nYo
Rating - 98.2%
55   1   0
yeah i know about knocking LOL. I always said something is wrong with this thing. they told me that i didnt have enough of things in my tank for it to take stuff out. I was like what?? are you F****** kidding me?? there is always stuff to pull out. Yeah i am starting to feel that i was took in regards to this skimmer. its really retarded. did you check out the phot? anyone have any extra time that can come and check this out for me and help me adjust??

thanks
matt

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: