Davidkirschenbaum

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
SO I have set up my 180 gallon fish only tank with he help of Michael and Jonathan. Everything is running great and it is fully stocked and everyone is eating. Now I can't take it that I can add anything else to the tank. I am think what could I put in that would be ok and work great. The tank is beautiful and besides a little algae problem that is getting better it is beautiful. Does anyone else of this problem of always wanting to do something more to there tank?
David

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
David

That why people have many, many tanks as they want to add more fish all the time. Also it seems there is more fun in setting up the tank and looking for more fish and things and then once the tank is done there is that empty feeling of there is nothing more to do.

Michael

Davidkirschenbaum

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have some photos posted in my photo gallery.
I have the following

1 unicorn tang
1 long nose butterfly
1 flame hawk
1 tomato clown
1 naso blond tang
1 sailfin tang
1 blueface angel
1 anthais
1 heniocous
1 hippo tang
1 cuban hogfish

2 chocalte chip star fish and 1 blue leg hermit crab which I have no idea how he got into the tank.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
David has an entire finished basement almost the size of my loft with one little 180 in the corner, with a room behind it that can be used as a fish room :D

hehe you asked for it ;)

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Oh boy David, your opening the proverbial can of worms.

the cost is one thing, doing it is easy, plenty of help around here.

your wife is very cool, tell her i said hi and that she rocks :)

first idea for an upgrade, make a deep water reef tank, choose coral that can grow in low light and save on some cost that way.

I want to upgrade to a 180...;)

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Davidkirschenbaum said:
My wife and I keep saying maybe we should have put in a 400 gallon instead of a 180. It would cost to much and i don't know how I would go and switch.
David

why stop there? Turn your whole basement into a reef-tank. That would be awesome!!! We would buy dive suit just so we can go swimming with your fish and to get frags.. hahah...

That would be a fantasy come true, don't you think.. :D :D :D

joe

Rating - 95.8%
23   1   0
spykes said:
man my 20 gallon is comming out nicely, im already planning my 150 LOL!

hhaa same with me im just getting purple spot on the glass in my 20 gallons tank and im already planing the upgrade.
whoah wat an obsesion!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my family and friends think im mad

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
joe said:
hhaa same with me im just getting purple spot on the glass in my 20 gallons tank and im already planing the upgrade.
whoah wat an obsesion!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my family and friends think im mad

who say we are not mad and crazy? Only crazy people do reefs and saltwater!!! :banghead: :banghead:

NYPDFrogman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Davidkirschenbaum said:
SO I have set up my 180 gallon fish only tank with he help of Michael and Jonathan. Everything is running great and it is fully stocked and everyone is eating. Now I can't take it that I can add anything else to the tank. I am think what could I put in that would be ok and work great. The tank is beautiful and besides a little algae problem that is getting better it is beautiful. Does anyone else of this problem of always wanting to do something more to there tank?
David
yeah I hear ya, I'm not doing anything more to my 180 except replacing it with a 450 gal tank

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: