KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
the sand bed calculator doesn't work

What browser are you using?

It works for me...you need to enter the Length in inches under "enter values here'
and with width of the tank, also in inches
then the depth you want the sand bed to be
Beneath that you need to enter either 70 or 90 depending on which type of sand you are using.
Then hit 'calculate'
poof..you get the # of pounds required :)

da5speed

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
look cool. its going to scare a lot of people with the electric lol, but better to be expected then start a tank and realize the electric goes up and up and up. Dont show that part to the wife's

Killerdrgn

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Just a suggestion but you should either highlight the fields that need to be filled out, have the text box there, or change the colors so people will know what areas to fill out.
I use IE 6 and 7.
Didn't see that I had to enter a value for sand bed weight. Or you should have default values filled into the text areas showing already.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
look cool. its going to scare a lot of people with the electric lol, but better to be expected then start a tank and realize the electric goes up and up and up. Dont show that part to the wife's
It won't because there are many hidden cost not accounted in this calculator like taxes, surcharges, delivery charges .... LOL

Also many people actually have fans, and heater too not covered in this version

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: