HappyInWater

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
nothing against asians, but one time when i went a local asian fish market in flushing queens i saw a heap of dead fishes on ice being sold for like $2/lb. And they resembled a lot like one of the tangs that's readily available in the hobby.

i guess pretty much anything in the ocean can be sold and eaten so as long as its catchable.

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
It is not uncommon, there have been other threads of this nature. Many of the fish we keep as ornamental many others see as nourishment and sustinance. In many parts of the world cats dogs rats guinea pigs snakes etc are staples in peoples diet. Bottom line is people gotta eat.

autoponicz

powered by MR
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
us asian eat anything as long as the back is facing the sun...lol...

i was in china and saw triggers,tangs,squarrel fish etc. for sale at the market...
sad thing is most of these fishes we keep in our tanks are from another country...but over at that country...its common to catch them for food

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Deep fried fish bones are fairly common fare in many countries. AND THEY ARE YUUUUMMMMYYYY!!!!
Im sure most will be put off. But I would eat it. If you see another one, pick it up for me and we can eat it together with a bottle of Jordan chardonnay

How do you eat them?They seem really bony, not much meat.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: