• IMG_0562.JPG
    IMG_0562.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 71
D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Hey guys whats up ,just got home ,Thing are great at Matt ,but one thing
Where the intake comes down,The water just splashes down into the sump ,Making ton and tons of micro bubbles ,I tried everything ,but nada.He has to find a way to hang those filter socks somehow .
other wise no leaks.pump works great,
Great works guys ,Maybe we should start a Saltwater Tank Business.Come on we are 10000000000000000000000 BETTER THEN FISH TOWN ,BOY THEY SUX <YES FT YOU HEARD ME YOU GUY SHOULD STICK TO SELLING FISH <AND GET OUT OF THE PLUMBING FEILD ,srry had to let that out .
Inline Great pics ,too bad you couldnt stick around for the final pics

NYPDFrogman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Glad the move went well! I wish I could have been there!!!
weekends are tough both my sons paly travel Ice Hockey
yesterday we were in Newburgh NY for an 8:15 game with my little guy,Frankie

yetserday afternoon we we in Randolph, NJ for older son Sal's game
today was 2 PM in Dunnellen, NJ for another of Sal's game

I have a 2004 durango with 58 K miles and I own it 19 months!!

need pictures of the tank up and running now!

inline6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Yeah, sorry had to leave. Ya clam is doing great, opened up nicely. Can't wait to post some new pix of the tank.

Come on guys we need some investors to put FT out of the plumbing business.

-inline6

DEEPWATER said:
Hey guys whats up ,just got home ,Thing are great at Matt ,but one thing
Where the intake comes down,The water just splashes down into the sump ,Making ton and tons of micro bubbles ,I tried everything ,but nada.He has to find a way to hang those filter socks somehow .
other wise no leaks.pump works great,
Great works guys ,Maybe we should start a Saltwater Tank Business.Come on we are 10000000000000000000000 BETTER THEN FISH TOWN ,BOY THEY SUX <YES FT YOU HEARD ME YOU GUY SHOULD STICK TO SELLING FISH <AND GET OUT OF THE PLUMBING FEILD ,srry had to let that out .
Inline Great pics ,too bad you couldnt stick around for the final pics

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
WOW looks like you guys put a lot of work in :) Good Times :D

I see a problem with this.
attachment.php

You should use a union ball valve, or a union and a ball valve from the bulkhead to the pump. The way it is you will have to drain the last compartment of the sump if you have to remove the pump.

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
NO BIO BALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would try to use a slip on hanger that fits over that first baffle - what I also did that I found helpful on my tank is to hard plum the drains right to the highest point of the filter sock (hand tightened so you can take them off when you change the socks), that eliminates splash noise as well.

I can actually make them with the leftover acrylic I have - they won't be spykes polish, but will work for sure.

House

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
310   0   0
I put about 30 bio balls and a filter pad to try to reduce the bubbles.
it did a bit ,but to be honest i was pooped out by 730 and my head need to rest ,couldnt think anymore.lol.
I was in need for some kosher food ,Jking ,lol

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
310   0   0
jackson6745 said:
WOW looks like you guys put a lot of work in :) Good Times :D

I see a problem with this.
attachment.php

You should use a union ball valve, or a union and a ball valve from the bulkhead to the pump. The way it is you will have to drain the last compartment of the sump if you have to remove the pump.
No too much to work with ,Didi what i can ,A s far as draining or takingoff the pump ,It not a prob.Most valves break or dont work unless you buy the rom a good place ,HDs vavle really sux .after 6 month they break .
No unions to use really,TO take off the pmp ,all he needs is an ellbow and a pc of 1inch pipe in the sump(on the bulk head),to reach above the water ,no water can get thru ,vavles on top will be closed ,turn pump .When you done have much to work with you compermise

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Also ,Matt is going to get a diff Pump , im going back to re-do it,Ill be all rested up and can think better,not to mention have all the stuff we need ,mostly tools and parts,lol(thx fry you saved us) ,other wise its working great no leaks ,wont overflow,Most of all ,All work is Money back Gauranteed :smokin: lol
Oh yeah the tank made it down fine ,
MR CREW ROCKS < :p

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
hey Sharn you got those pics up fast, thanks.

ronen, great job on the tank.

do you think the bubbles could be fixed by playing around with the durso's in the overflows?

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
jhale said:
hey Sharn you got those pics up fast, thanks.

ronen, great job on the tank.

do you think the bubbles could be fixed by playing around with the durso's in the overflows?
Na ,It mre of the water splashng down into the sump ,creating bubbles.Even past the filter pads and some bio ball so the pad wont get sucked up in thru the last baffle.What we have to do is fine a way to attach the filter socks in the sump ,and have some LR in the sump area,JMO

inline6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Amazing that so many of us showed up considering that the weather looked nasty.
Amazing that we even got the job done.
Amazing what Manahatan Reefers can accomplish.
:grouphug:

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
inline6 said:
Amazing that so many of us showed up considering that the weather looked nasty.
Amazing that we even got the job done.
Amazing what Manahatan Reefers can accomplish.
:grouphug:
I wonder how amazing my back is goin gto feel tomorrow ,lol i havent lifted a 215 gal gal in about hmmm 1 yr
:banghead: :p :icon16:

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Dam iknew i should of asked matt to threat us to a massage in the city ,late thinker ,lol

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: