greggnyce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I am upgrading to a 120gl wide and wanted to go with a large sump. I am inquiring into others experiences with skimmer rated at 200 gl or above. I wanted to see what people are using and how they feel about the product. Thank you for any feed back.

pno420

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a coralife skimmer now and was looking to upgrade my skimmer also. The coralife was great bang for the buck and does pull out some nice dark dry skimmate but its unrealiable needs to be maintained and is pretty limited in performance. I was probably going to order a Octopus extreme 200 , I have heard great things about this skimmer and it does have a reasonable footprint which will fit in my sump. Anyone have any experience with these skimmers ?

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Greg they're so many good skimmers out there. Compare the amount of air they produce (look at the specs) and see what gives best bang for the buck. If you're looking at skimmers that are roughly the same design, the one that produces more air will make more foam.

greggnyce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Thank you Jackson. I was more looking for peoples experiences with them so I do not buy something that sucks, no pun intended. I am looking into recirc skimmers with gate valves so I can run it externally.

pno420

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The msx looks like its the same design and has the same specs as the octopus extreme , are they the same skimmer just relabeled ?

pno420

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually just pulled the trigger on the octopus extreme, you guys got me thinking about it, I actually got the 160, I only have a 55 with a 20l sump, and it came with both the mesh and pin wheel. Im excited ! Ill let you know how it performs, Ill have it on friday

ari5736

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
AquaC's are great; imo the only down side is the high wattage Mag pumps that are required. Otherwise, from all of the photos I have seen of skimmate shots on MR, RC, etc..., my EV 240 with Mag 18 hangs with the $1k+ big boy skimmers. Oh yeah, the only maintenance is cleaning the injector when performance slows, and customer service is excellent, they built me a shortened cup for like $25.

greggnyce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I currently have an ASM g2 with the gatevalve mod and recirc mod on my 75 gallon. I am happy with it but it is not suffecient for a 120 plus a 90 gallon sump.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: