nickxx4360

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I have a Kent marine Maxxima RO/DI 35gpd system. I replaced all the cartridges including the membrane. I used a 75gpd membrance instead of a 35gpd membrane now.

When I run the system the DI clear canister does not fill up @ all. Instead it fills up in the DI cartridge itself ( the Cartridge is the one where you can refill the resin btw). I checked the water with my TDS meter and it reads all zero's.

this is the water flow: sediment> carbon block> membrane>DI canister.

Should I be worried at all? Water flows out of the exit hose fine, it just does not fill the last canister, just the DI cartridge in the last canister.

Thanks

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Not familiar with the Kent system, hopefully someone will come along that is, but if your TDS is coming out at zero, I wouldn't worry about it as that is the goal :)

nickxx4360

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Thas what happens, the canister runs almost empty, I get a trickle of water here and there. I didnt change the restrictor, I was told by the company that sold me the membrane I didnt need to. If a purchased a 50 and below gph, then yes I need a restrictor.

Rating - 50%
1   1   0
You should only use a single restrictor, and it should be matched to the capacity of your current membrane.

Your issue with the restrictor has nothing to do with your DI housing not filling up. Its not filling because you have air trapped in the housing. This can happen with a new system, or after you change filters, or if you have the tubing leading away from the DI housing such that the water in the DI housing is siphoned out after you turn the system off.

Russ

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: