Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
The event is worth it. It's 3 days of nothing but fish/corals/ etc....
people from word wide attend and many vendors both online and local. Speakers from calfo to fenner to sprung etc.. if you look at the list you will be able to know who the speakers this year will be attending. As for checking ID, you can only get in with your pass and you only get a pass after you have registered for the event or the trade show only. If you go to Macnaxxi.com you will see the cost separated into different things. This will be my 4th year and yes it's worth it.

By the way this years hosting club will be the New Jersey reefers club.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Without a doubt. Went to the last one in Atlanta, as an attendee. Great time. Went to the one the year before in Pittsburgh, as an attendee. Great time.

Will be going to the one in AC for sure. This will be a fantastic event.....again.

swimmer

Phyl

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Without a doubt. Went to the last one in Atlanta, as an attendee. Great time. Went to the one the year before in Pittsburgh, as an attendee. Great time.

Will be going to the one in AC for sure. This will be a fantastic event.....again.

swimmer

:shhh: What he didn't say is that this year he is going to be A VENDOR! :birthday:

This year should be a FANTASTIC time. For those who went to Pitt or Atlanta, MR throws a heck of an after party!

For little more than the price of the swap ($35) you can get a whole day with MANY speakers and 70+ vendors. That's a one day, no meal pass. You can get a 3 day no meal pass for 79$. A bargain considering all of the benefits to attending MACNA!

The 119$ pass covers all 3 days plus a light meal Friday night with concert by the Nerds, Banquet Saturday night speaker John Chatterton. The meals alone are more than a 50$ value!

If we could do it for less we certainly would. Our goal is to make it accessible to everyone! Hopefully we'll see you all there!

D1J8Z

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
:shhh: What he didn't say is that this year he is going to be A VENDOR! :birthday:

This year should be a FANTASTIC time. For those who went to Pitt or Atlanta, MR throws a heck of an after party!

For little more than the price of the swap ($35) you can get a whole day with MANY speakers and 70+ vendors. That's a one day, no meal pass. You can get a 3 day no meal pass for 79$. A bargain considering all of the benefits to attending MACNA!

The 119$ pass covers all 3 days plus a light meal Friday night with concert by the Nerds, Banquet Saturday night speaker John Chatterton. The meals alone are more than a 50$ value!

If we could do it for less we certainly would. Our goal is to make it accessible to everyone! Hopefully we'll see you all there!

If I prepaid back when it was first announced that it was in NJ (I think I paid 90) does that include the meal plan?

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Thanks Phyl :hug:

OneTimer said:
what is MCNJ and where is it?

It's actually called MACNA NJ.
MACNA = Marine Aquarium Confernce of North America
NJ = New Jersey (this years host and where the conference will be held (Atlantic City))

Not only is this a fantastic event by nature (a weekend of corals, marine fish, lectures on our favorite subjects, vendors with spectacular exotic marine animals, raffles, banquets, parties :shhh: , the newest innovative reefing products, etc.), but it's being hosted by the NJRC (New Jersey Reef Club), the club just across the river from us with documented success in hosting spectacular swaps.

This MACNA WILL BE a success. And I'm quite sure one of the best. Don't miss it. I know they'll be resetting the bar for all future MACNA's.

Russ

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: