juiceguy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
anything from D&D is expensive, if you are going to use a test kit, i would try out the Elos, it is around $30. i read that it is pretty accurate compared to the photometer.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
in reality who really needs to reads phosphates ? i mean most of us can tell by our tanks or coral color if they are up and using salifert or elos if your getting a reading on it you know your high if at zero we all know it isnt zero but is on the safe side, best thing i seen my lfs has it and it test several hundred things, it's actually what water departments use, not cheap $1000 but you can test everything and some

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
FWIW, I hate my Hanna meter. I find it very fussy ---the test vials need to be perfectly spotless to get an accurate reading and I hate those foil reagent packs. An improvement over most PO4 kits for sure, but I think when I run out of reagents I'm switching to a D&D kit which has been been shown to equal the Hanna in accuracy.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: