stoneriff

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
You're going to get many opinions. I've only ever used Tropic-Marin Pro-Reef, and never had any issues. I did some research before I started using it, and decided on it. It's more expensive than other, more popular salt mixes, but it works for me. You know the old saying, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

mckostya

Lovin', is what I got.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
what are you keeping in your tank? fish only - IO seems to work for many people. when it comes to sps i would try reef crystals, works for me - with maybe slight adjustments.

geldof

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Tropic Marin Pro Reef works great for me. I use it mainly because its constitution duplicates my tank's parameters when doing water changes (high calcium / magnesium and lower ALK). This is probably the most important thing to consider when deciding on a salt mix.

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
I used Tropic Marin pro for a while and liked it. Then some time ago I ran out of Tropic Marin so I rushed to the store and all they had was Coralife. I hastily took it home and used it for roughly 7 weeks straight and saw no Ill effects with my corals apearence or growth rate. But what I did notice that it was considerably cheaper than the pro and I have not looked back. I am not going to say it is better or worse but I can say my corals reacted well to bolth salts. Here is an interesting "general" guidline that you might find helpful.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1287118

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: