Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Just wanted to show a little growth from when I got these pieces a year and 2 months ago.
Sunburst Monti (Pnoyreefer)
corals044.jpg

155BowFrontReef7-29-2009049.jpg

Superman Monti (grknyer )
corals055.jpg

155BowFrontReef7-29-2009056.jpg

Tyree Undata (Pnoyreefer)
corals057.jpg

155BowFrontReef7-29-2009051.jpg

Nepthea (Psychographic)
corals045.jpg

155BowFrontReef7-29-2009096.jpg

The meteor I got at this years Spring Frag swap, so there is not much growth there yet.;) But it has grown a little none the less.:)
Meteor Shower from Mankc
MeteorShowerfromManKKenny-1.jpg

155BowFrontReef7-29-2009082.jpg

This favia I've had for about 2 years. I actually had 2, 1 in the 155 and the other in my little 20.
Last year I lost the one in my 155 reef. The one pictured here is the one that was in my totally neglected 20. As a matter of fact I took the clue from that tank, and applied the same rule to my 155 with great results. But this does not mean that you also should follow these steps. It is working for me it does not mean it will work for you, and I refuse to be held accountable for your losses.;)
Christmas Favia (Deepwater Extreme)
TopDown10-21-2007Actinics003.jpg

155BowFrontReef7-29-2009029.jpg

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Thank you much guys!

I am running 3 X 250 Helios for 5 hour photoperiod along with 12 hour 2 X 24watt white actinic & 2 X 24 watt blue actinic PC.

Thank you Josh!

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Awilda, OMG, how u make them grow so fast? Thats impressive. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you Allan!

Kept my hands out of the system.:tongue1: Seriously all I've done was change my MH from 3 X 175 XM 10K - 2 X 140 watt VHO to 3 X 250 Helios - 4 X 24 watt PC. Took the ac & gfo off line. Feeding once a week, started feeding Oyster Feast, Roti Feast & Marine Snow once in a while (when I remembered). And worse of all; No water changes since about May.:Yikes:

The no water changes decision came from both the fact that he corals I had in my little deglected 20 gallon tank did great while the ones in my well maintained 155 reef sucked, coupled with the disgust from the April nightmare.:bablefish

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
wow nice growth.
it's so true that sometimes putting our hands in and fuzzing around make things worse. i have a 15 gal. nano at the office that i go to only 3 times a week. i do not dose or add anything and do water change about every 2-4 weeks. i top off every other day or so. and wouldn't you know it ... the nano is doing much better than the 75 that i fuzzed around every day!!!

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Nice!

I have a rainbow monti frag for you to complete your collection. PM me.

Josh, PM sent.;)

wow nice growth.
it's so true that sometimes putting our hands in and fuzzing around make things worse. i have a 15 gal. nano at the office that i go to only 3 times a week. i do not dose or add anything and do water change about every 2-4 weeks. i top off every other day or so. and wouldn't you know it ... the nano is doing much better than the 75 that i fuzzed around every day!!!

Thanks Tom!

So have you stopped fuzzing around in the 75?:tongue1:

Last edited:

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Rainbow Monti

Thank you for the rainbow addition Josh!!!:hug:

I know it is not a good pic. I will continue to try and get a better one, but for now this is the best I got.

I intend to track the growth on my monties here.

Attachments

• reef 075.jpg
    reef 075.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 23

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: