lsher

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
does anyone know of a low cost controller or some diy method to automatically turn my fan on when my tank temp rises to a predetermined level and auto shutoff when it hits another predetermined level?

thanks in advance

bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Check ebay for temp controllers.

Although, if you're going to spend $60 on a temp controller that only does one thing, why not get a reef keeper Lite for $100. 4 controllable outlets, and a temp probe.

B

lsher

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
thanks for the quick feedback ... i wish i had known about the reefkeeper before ... just threw a $100 bucks at a jbj temp controller ...

looks like a cheap temp controller will be coming on the f/s forum :-(

Last edited:

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Check ebay for temp controllers.

Although, if you're going to spend $60 on a temp controller that only does one thing, why not get a reef keeper Lite for $100. 4 controllable outlets, and a temp probe.

B
+1
I really recommend getting a Reefkeeper Lite. It's worth the money and is a solid piece of equipment. I kept a nano for a long time without a controller and was too cheap to get a controller, and wound up spending almost $100 coming up with stupid fixes.

The Reefkeeper Lite wasn't available then. You should take advantage of it and the price. Make your life easier, man. Some vendors on this site carry the unit, check in the Vendor Forums.

lsher

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I don't own a Finnex heater controller, but heater controllers normally turns on the heater when the temperature goes BELOW the set temp. I don't think he want the fan to come on like that.

correct ... it's the opposite of a heater controller ... essentially the same mechanism as in a chiller but w/o the cooling part! :splitspin

I just ordered the RK lite ... i'll see how this goes ...

thanks everyone

bimmer01

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96%
194   8   0
I run a single stage Ranco temp controller and have 2 fans hooked up. It turns on when my temps hit 82 and turns off when my temps hit 80. Never had any issues.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: