Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I know everyone has seen those dyed freshwater fish that are injected with green, pink or blue dyes. Yes I know it's wierd, cruel, mean, whatever, but I just came back from the LFS around the corner and now you can buy fish like that but they have names, hearts, Christmas trees, Easter bunnies etc on them. Crystal clear in flourescent colors. They even have them stripped and checkerboarded like a checker cab. I don't know how they do it but I think it's interesting, but yes, wierd.
Maybe I could make my hippo tang read "feed Me Worms" or "Eat at Joes"
I could make him green, pink, or purple all at the same time.
I could take a yellow tang and paint him to look like a moorish Idol. I'll be rich

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
You can have your cats and dogs painted in your favorite color as well.Welcome to the future my friend.

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I have seen them colored but I never look at the freshwater fish so I never saw the fish with the pictures on them. I was looking in the shipping bags for reef fish and saw the colors. I thought they were reef fish at first until I looked closer. Now I saw them in a tank and it is wierd but I am sure they will sell.
tattooed20parrot20fish.jpg

Last edited:

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
I know everyone has seen those dyed freshwater fish that are injected with green, pink or blue dyes. Yes I know it's wierd, cruel, mean, whatever, but I just came back from the LFS around the corner and now you can buy fish like that but they have names, hearts, Christmas trees, Easter bunnies etc on them. Crystal clear in flourescent colors. They even have them stripped and checkerboarded like a checker cab. I don't know how they do it but I think it's interesting, but yes, wierd.
Maybe I could make my hippo tang read "feed Me Worms" or "Eat at Joes"
I could make him green, pink, or purple all at the same time.
I could take a yellow tang and paint him to look like a moorish Idol. I'll be rich

oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Paul you have finally lost it my friend.:tongueani

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Yeah this is definitely a bit disturbing, not sure why people would be interested

Cause people have evil streaks in them, and think nothing of animals!
Lots of us feel/believe that we are here to care for them, then there are those that believe animals are here to entertain them by any means.
Look at the sports where animals are used. Dog fighting, cock fighting, and so many others.;(

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
I guess that is true, but would you have it any other way, Awibrandy!!

ABSOLUTELY NOT! I love all my 4 legged friends, and scaly ones just as much as those beautiful ones we call corals & inverts.
I only wish to have the means to be able to care for more.:)
It would be so great to have enough land to house all the unwanted 4 legged ones, and a large enough place with a solid floor to house a huge tank or 2, or 3, or 4...........

But for now I am happy to have married a man that loves them just as much as I do.;)

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Someone will buy them to "Save" some of them because they think it is cruel what happened to them and that will give a false "demand" for them.

See, it seems I've had a bit to much to drink.lol I downed a blender pitcher of frozen strawberry daiqueies by myself. I thought you were saying something totally different. :tongueani

But you are right some poor soul will do that.;) I know better these days..............;)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: