Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
I am so bummed out.:sad2::supermad:

I woke this morning to one blah acan(brown or very dark purple not sure) eating a beautiful brand new one (orange,red,yellow,green).;(

I thought acans could be placed together?
I see pics of acan gardens all the time.

Attachments

• SPS frags 003.jpg
    SPS frags 003.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 186

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
before I dismantled my tank, that same thing happened to me. I had a maroon purple acan snacking on a hulk green acan, I was beside myself in annoyance. I always saw the same thing, acans right next to each other in coral harmony. But there it was, one inexpensive acan taking out it's anger on a more expensive one. I separated them but the acan didn't survive. good luck hopefully you can save it.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
This had never happened to me before. That stupid acan has been with all the others for about a year. It just went beserk on the orange,red,green,yellow one.
It's like it got jealous of the new guy's beauty.;(

So now it got isolated, it sits all by itself.

Alex, it didn't make it. I'm looking at a piece of white rock now.

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
There are different acan species, depending on how closely related they are, they may be able to be placed together. I have found the acan lords can be placed with other lords, but acan echinata will kill acan lords

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Thank you Javier!

Ming, I'm not sure what the killer acan is. But it has not touched any of the others of which I don't have all that many. They all seem to look the same as the one it killed.

Aquatic Life Direct

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
same here.. i have almost all the acan lords touching each other but the echinata in my home tank killed a frag i had. Sure it wasnt a micro? I have a micro and acan lord fight eachother once.

thesauce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Use a baster to lightly blow off the necrotic tissue once a day or so. You'd be amazed how acans can bounce back. I've had two acans that I'd written off sprout new heads out of a stark skeleton before. It'll take time, but it can happen.

grknyer

Official Lurker
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
There are different acan species, depending on how closely related they are, they may be able to be placed together. I have found the acan lords can be placed with other lords, but acan echinata will kill acan lords
+1
By any chance is it the one you got from Rob? If so that one is a echinata and it's the DEVIL'S SPAWN of that family. He actually calls it his Diabolo. That thing will take out anything. I had it and got rid of it real fast.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Thank you thesauce, the skeleton is completely white as my Angel picked off the dead tissue.;( But I agree with you on leaving the skeleton in the tank cause you just never know. My Hammer was all gone, and know it has a bunch of small heads. Same with 2 of my blastos, especially my favorite.....;)

Harry, you hit right on the nose. It is one of the ones I got from Rob. It behaved itself for ever, and boom out of the blue it decided that it would murder this beautiful acan.:( It will reside at the other side of the tank for now on.:sgrin:

Rob, you should have warned me!!!!!:letitallo You owe me a Green,Red,Orange,Yellow Acan buddy.:scratchch:thrash:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: