Neo_TA

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any one else part of the club? Or more importantly a former RED BUG victim, if so did you use Interceptor, Pipefish , grenades... to rid your SPS of this plague.

Don

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Don, I had red bugs crawling on everything a couple of months ago. I did 3 interceptor treatments and they're all gone. I did lose every crab in my tank though......I suggest you take out all your crabs and then dose.

Neo_TA

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys.

Jackson, did you lose any shrimp?
Also did you use the large pills Green I think, and how much time did you allow between treatments.
Did you notice the red bugs just shortly after midnight madness? I could sware the acro I bought that night brought it in.
Last q. how did the corals look before and after?

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I don't have shrimp

I used the 11.5mg tabs

1 week in between treatments

I didn't go to midnight madness

The corals look the same to me before and after

[ December 08, 2004, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: jackson6745 ]

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
I've had to fight hard not to introduce red-bugs into my tank after having treated the tank for them many months ago. Most frags (and it may not just be SPS frags) have them. But the best way I have found to deal with them is treat all frags and colonies with a 1hr interceptor treatment prior to addition to the tank. Thank goodness for Dustin.

Being careful, I am bug free.

Neo_TA

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I only have myself to blame. Quarenteen everything. I just ordered the pills and believe me I will allways do a Interceptor treatment on all new corals now. Stupid Stupid Stupid.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: