E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Currently I have just a deep sand bed, live rock, and aiptasia (good filter feeders) but would like to add some macro algae, feather dusters, and other things. Hopefully this will in time become loaded with pods, micro brittle stars, and other fun things.

I have a decent flow rate through the fuge, but nothing crazy.

What do you keep in your fuge? Looking for other ideas, rationale, and pictures if possible :)

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
live plants

hey many people have different stuff in ther fuge i have cheato/3 mangroves/and sea lettuce along with live rock and mix of live sand and mineral mud

Attachments

• Picture 032.jpg
    Picture 032.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 70

Briney Dave

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
honestly , I would advise against the aiptasia. If you want a phosphate up taking critter I would lean toward xenia. It takes a little better lighting but it will help the other macro algae and marine plant growth.

I think that you will be forever picking that little anemone out of your main tank
xenia may be nearly as invasive but does not sting its neighbors

The more diversity you have in your refugium the healthy and more effective it will be
assuming that your goals are two-fold: bio filtering and food maker for corals and fish

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Yeah, I see what you mean about the aiptasia. Its never really been a problem before. I just took a piece of rock out of my main display and threw it in my sump because there was aiptasia on it. I'll try and get some kalk paste on the aiptasia and kill it. Until then though they're helping filter out the water I suppose.

What else do you use in your fuge?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: