DCG1286

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
181   0   0
I was thinking of getting one of those media bags and putting some Chaeto in my fluval filter, though I haven't tried and cant tell you if it will work, but hey there's a first for every thing. Ill let you know when I do. lol

You are going to need some light to grow that chaeto ...

crxin

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
i would like to go as cheap as possible for now, since i will be upgrading my tank at some point, and will want to do a true sump. Any other DIY ways?

darkdrako

Looks mean doesn't she!?
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
You can buy an aquaclear hang-on-back filter, take out the sponges etc and clip a light to it. I've seen a handfull of people do it and it seems to work even though the chaeto isn't tumbling.

cthoughts1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
402   0   0
crxin, I use a hang on back filter. I took out all the filter pads, put some rubble on the bottem and cheato on top, I also put phoban and carbon, etc, in there. I bought a t5 light off of ebay and just keep it on all the time. Works great for me. Let me know if you have any questions about it, I'll be more than glad to help answer them..

Here's a pic:
20090205230251.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: