R

rmalone

Hi folks, I'm a new guy from Michigan (spend most of my forum time at Michigan reefers). Hope it's ok to say that if not please remove mods, and my apologies.

I will probably just look in for awhile to get a feel for this excellent forum. I signed up because my various info searches kept bringing me back to Manhattan Reefs. Very impressive set up all have here and thanks for the opportunity to meet more people and pick more brains.

Rick.

R

rmalone

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
Well I started out with a 12g cadlights in Oct 08 and kept it at my greenhouse. I then bought a used 22g cadlights that I keep at home (my dirty tank). In early Sept 09 I set up a used 180g and bulit 110g sump at the greenhouse and transferred the 12g into the 180.

My 180g
Lighting. Two 250w mh (pfo hqi ballasts and phoenix 14k's) and two 60" ati actinics driven by an icecap 430.

My skimmer is an ATB medium cone.

I have a small georeefs reactor with carbon and a bit of pura phoslock, flow through the reactor is via a tee in my return line.

Return pump is a ATB flowstar 1500.

Currently I am running the tank pro-biotically, well I'm trying. I have been using Micro-bacter 7 and VSV, though I may switch to Prodibio Bio-digest.

asianer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Welcome Rick,

Just an FYI that Wolverines and Spartans fans are banned from the site.

J/k but Go Buckeyes! Everyone here is awesome...or almost everyone! :p

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Hi Rick. Welcome to our little part of the glass box reef. All are welcome, so spread the word. What's nice about a large community like this, as opposed to very small (but intimate) clubs, is that we have members online 24/7, so it's always easy to connect with someone looking to satiate our need for reef talk even at 3am. :biggrin:

Once again, welcome to MR and look forward to seeing some pix of your system/s too.

Russ

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: