juiceguy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
as the title states, let's see everyone's nasty nog

Here's mine after 2 days, i am cleaning the skimmer 3 times a week just because the stench fills the room

SWC 2501a

Last edited:

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
To late!lol Just emptied my skimmer cups. I emptied them in the 1st. floor bathroom which is located next to the den. My older grandaughter was working on the pc when I did this. 15 minutes later the younger one went into the den, and came running out to tell me not to go into the den cause her sister had flatuated in there, and it stunk really bad.LOL I went into the den, and sure enough the smell was horrendous. My grandaughter looked at me, and said what is that Mima? I had to turn on the vent, spray the bathroom with airfreshner, and close the door.......
Was that stinky enough for ya?

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
helps to put type of skimmer also. one thing have noticed on this with owning a bunch of different skimmers is, my er 80 and 100 cup filled quick, my vertex 180 doesnt, but then again that cup holds 3 times the amount

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Rick, the skimmer on my 150 is EuroReef rs80 which is drastically underrated for my tank, and the skimmer on my 120 fowlr is Turboflotor Multi 1000.;) The glass on both tanks get awfully dirty, but the fowlr has no algea issues, and the reef just started to show the tiniest of algea on 2 rocks.yikessssssss

Oh yeah, and that is with minimal water changes, and tons of food being fed.;) But then again the fowlr is under populated at the moment with only 2 eels, 1 fully grown GS maroon, and a 5" sailfin tang with palys, shrooms, leather, and 3 anemonies.

Last edited:

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
sorry Rick, i edited that in the first post. it is a SWC 2501a cone

I just tried to search for your skimmer, and couldn't find it.
I'm still considering another skimmer for my reef.;) While working on hubby to let me run my plumbing to the basement now that I have almost all my brain cells working in order again.:tongue1:

autoponicz