Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Keyword 400w. Reeflux 20k 250w sucks horribly...400w is a whole other beast all together...

As i read this thread I realized I left out a key word that changes my whole statement I meant to say not overly blue..
Also I just switched to the ice ballast and my tank looks like a 10k I will soon be picking up a 12k for the other side of my tank also run by a icecap ballast..
The lights are single ended, in lumenarc reflectors, and 400watts.. 250 watt reeflux bulbs look bad to me I tried 10k, and 12k and will never make that mistake again..
What do you guys thinks the best single ended 20k is for an icecap ballast?? In terms of looking bright and not overly blue??

Last edited:

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
The lights are single ended, in lumenarc reflectors, and 400watts.. 250 watt reeflux bulbs look bad to me I tried 10k, and 12k and will never make that mistake again..
What do you guys thinks the best single ended 20k is for an icecap ballast?? In terms of looking bright and not overly blue??

i recently switched to the single ended xm's 20k 400 watts (recommended by alex from aquatic express), lumenbrite reflectors, ice cap ballasts, and i'm loving it. it's not too blue, imo, but i do prefer the blue look anyway. i think it's a similar blue to the double ended phoenix 14k 250's i had that wasn't cutting it in term of growth @ 32" depth.
i like the look of the xm's but haven't had it long enough to see how the growth fare just yet.

knugenx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
308   0   0
uhm. I've been using PLUSRITE 250MH 20K for the last 6 months...I find them to be great..started sps in october and have seen significant growth...that's prob.just me.

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
IMO, Aqua Connect SE 14k bulbs on IC ballast gives a true 14k look whereas Reeflux 12k & Hamilton 14k are more towards the 20+ k spectrum.

i burned the aquaconnect SE 14k for over a year. The new ice cap 20k SE bulbs have similar color for half the price.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: