KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Hey Jarrett..I know you can't wait to move the stuff over from the 75, but you really need to let the TANK (itself) cycle first. You've done everything else right, please don't rush this next step :)
You WILL get a spike if you move the fish & corals from the 75, it's a BIG leap from a 75 to a 220. All of the surfaces in the 220 need time to grow bacteria..the tank, the sand, the plumbing...

Are you adding more rock than was in the 75? (sorry haven't read the other thread lately..)

JARRETT SHARK

Addicted to coral
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
were you been Kathy? Hope all is well, stop by one day to see new set up!!
I am also buy 150lbs of rock from someones established tank
I am going to take a shot at this one b/c I am also losing attention on the 75gal and things would get bad if I don't do this tranfer

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
If your transfering ALL your existing LR from your 75g and transfering ALL your water into your 75g into the 220g you should be OK. Get ready for a cycle of some kind. Its going to happen. I did a similar tank transfer and stuff did get very unhappy for a day or two, not on the verge of dying but unhappy none the less.

Just make sure you know what your tank is about to do with the transfer. Its 100% going to cycle itself, but should be minimal if your transfering everything minus the sand from the 75g. And your livestock can take a small spike in ammonia, more than most people think. Your tank needs to repopulate the water column and the sand and the die off from placing the existing LR from the other persons tank won't help much as its adding food for the bacteria.

If your planning on using 100% fresh mixed (day or two mixing in the new tank) water when transfering everything and not adding any sand or LR from your 75, i would expect things to die. The key here is to add ALL the water from the 75g when doing the transfer.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: