JARRETT SHARK

Addicted to coral
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I first put the sand in the pumped water into the tank from rodi tank. It got a little cloudy from the hose pressure,
Tanks Been running for 24hrs and then I shut off to let sand settle. I don't know if I should use carbon yet and will it clear the sand water or should just let it run and keep cleaning filter socks(but socks not that dirty ?)

Attachments

• PICT0028.JPG
    PICT0028.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 160

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
normal considering its new sand, just wait a few days and keep all pumps/filtration going. each day should get more clear. IME, 4-5 days water should be mostly clear and you'll just have to use a magfloat to wipe the glass.
if money is no object and you really want to speed it up, a diatom filter will help.

Last edited:

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
I use pure flo filter pads. Cloudy water is not a big deal at this time you still have a lot to do.Leave the water and move to the next thing on the list.

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Do your aqua scape with your filters running with some filter pads and don't forget to wash them out every day until the water clears.

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Dre next thing is adding salt then tranfer everything from my 75
I am getting close!!!!!!!!!
so hope it clears in a day or 2
If you did not add the salt or salt water yet i think you should stop right now.It sound like you are not using water from an established tank and you are using new sand.You say you want to add fish in a few days?I don't want to confuse you so if i'm wrong someone please tell me.
STEP 1 Assemble the equipment
2 Prepare the tank for filling
3 Add water
4 Add salt
5 Add substrate and live rock
6 Add livestock
7 Complete the ecosystem
8 Sit back and enjoy
Take note #3,4 and 5.

chanman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Dre next thing is adding salt then tranfer everything from my 75
I am getting close!!!!!!!!!
so hope it clears in a day or 2

WHAT? i am confused, its not SALT WATER? If thats the case, forget about adding fish and corals anytime soon(1month+). The tank needs to cycle first man, unless youre playing a joke on us and its a Freshwater tank.

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
Just to clarify. You added unmixed RODI water in there with a sandbed? If you did and you intend on mixing in the tank, you are going to have to wait a while... (I'm impatient as well so a while for me is short for many others).

Is that sand dead sand? I honestly wouldn't be using filterpads or anything for that matter because all that is is sand kicked up.

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
After salt is mixed in the water, the only thing I would put in there is some live rock to start the cycle. Then you can wait a few weeks and test the water before attempting to put other live stock

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: