Rating - 100%
90   0   0
At the donation table, we routinely give away or sell items at very low prices to help new reefers. In order to do this, we need a lot of donations from members. You don't need to have anything special to donate, a lot of members are very happy to try out corals for the first time with items that you may think are pests. For example:

Kenya Tree
Xenia
Zoanthids
Palythoas
Green Star Polyps
Mushrooms
Acro frags
Montiporas
Etc

Also:
Caulerpa
Extra live rock
Chaeto
Pods
Mysis
Etc

These are great finds for new reefers and excellent items for their known hardiness.

If you can donate any of these, please write a description on the outside of the bag or container. You can put as much as you want into one container, we will divide items into portions. Bringing a bag packed with xenia or kenya trees is not unheard of.

Take a look at your tank and see if you have something that is getting too big or just doesn't work in your tank anymore. Another member would love to try their hand at it.

Stop by the donation table to donate or browse some of the items that are for sale at giveaway prices.

:givebeer:

Last edited:

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
For those who are donating - please write on the outside of the bag what is inside of it - as specifically as possible - in permanent marker so that others know what they are getting.

..and we are also more than happy to accept donations of more upscale frags as well that we will be selling to our more experienced members. The folks that will be manning these tables will be able to answer questions for you as well on the care of the corals, so please ask if you are unsure if they are suitable for your tank! :)

Anthonyjiz

New Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'm sorry call me dumb, but where is this taking place? I'm a first time reefer and i just got my first 40breeder in its second week of cycle and it would be amazing if i could pick anything up or even for a small fee, if you could give me some more details that would be amazing and i think what you guys are doing is really good to the community and just an awesome thing to do!

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Anthonyjiz said:
I'm sorry call me dumb, but where is this taking place? I'm a first time reefer and i just got my first 40breeder in its second week of cycle and it would be amazing if i could pick anything up or even for a small fee, if you could give me some more details that would be amazing and i think what you guys are doing is really good to the community and just an awesome thing to do!

It is at the auction table at the swap this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anthonyjiz

New Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Guys would it be ok if someone else off the board picked up whatever you guys could give me and held it for me till i was cycled perfectly because i dont have a way to get to the swap and i think he's going, or do i have to be there in person? I wanna go so bad =/

Morales23

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey guys I had a quick question, do I hve to sign up to be a donor I can I just bring the items I would like to donate with me ? And is it possible to buy tickets at the door? Because first I don't have paypal and second I won't know if I can take off work till sat evening..

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: